Thread: PC Gaming Alliance by Ichbin

Default PC Gaming Alliance by Ichbin

People have started to think that PC gaming has been on the deathbed for quite some time now. However the newly formed group dubbed "The PC Game Alliance" might have what it takes to bring much needed life back to the PC gaming world.

Before the PCGA was only a rumour on the internet bringing glimpses of hope to the PC gaming scene, and to everyones joy, they announced themselves at GDC.

Activision, Epic and Microsoft as PC Game devs;hardware companies such as AMD, Nvidia and Intel, and PC OEM firms Dell, Acer, Alienware and Gateway all make up this rag tag team of PC justice!

The entire focus of this coalition actually has some legit meaning to it. It being Industy Leadership, Platform leadership, and consumer leadership.

They will help game developers with consistency and security with upcoming titles coming out for the PC. Really think of this group as a Quality Assurance for up and coming PC games so that PC gamers get the best god damn experience out there!

Although I do find a bit fishy that microsoft is part of this group because they haven't been a big player in gaming except for Ram hoggin' OS's. It makes me think what there motive really is. As for Epic and Activision, I know they have what it takes to produce a good game and am quite glad that they are on the team.

Hardware teaming up with software companies to promote consistency with graphics and hardware so that games don't come out requiring GOD machines (Crysis), or just look too ugly to play (We don't want another E.T.). Smart smart smart move. It might create a universal game/hardware relationship so we know exactly what it takes to play a particular game.

Having PC firms such as Dell and alienware in it I beleive to be mainly marketing and industry power. Dell is a powerhouse when it comes to the PC industry and having them on our side is really cool. Lets just hope they don't come out with "Ultora Gamezoring MAchines" that are really built with crappy generic stuff.

They do not plan to have a "PCGA SEAL OF APPROVAL" like nintendo did WAY back when, but instead to work more behind the scenes as a fighter of PC justice.

Score one for the PC team!

-Ichbin
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Is awesome

Default Re: PC Gaming Alliance by Ichbin

Huh. I don't know what to think about this- I don't like alienware dell. Not in love with microsoft either... hope this isn't a ploy to grab a monopolitic standpoint on the PC game market.

But hey- if they somehow create some great games for vista that are completely compatible, good, cheap, and not DRM'd all to pieces (I don't know how they would do this, but i'm sure microsoft could find a way) then I'm all for it.
    You love my sig.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

They need a different version of Windows for Gamers... make it use less memory and be tuned for more efficient everything... or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    They need a different version of Windows for Gamers... make it use less memory and be tuned for more efficient everything... or something like that.
    Dude... It's called XP .

Would you look at that though, people are starting to post in these! I was wondering if anyone would realize these were for discussion, and not just reading .
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Dude... It's called XP .
    But no DX10...

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    But no DX10...
    For a lot of people who use DX10, memory usage isn't really an issue (if you've got Vista and a DX10 graphics card, chances are you have 2GB or more of RAM).
    RIP Bucko

Makes sense, lol... I'm debating on whether to get an 8800GT or upgrade to 2GB of RAM... I do know that I'm buying another HDD when I get Vista though.

Is awesome

It's the fact that 32bit windows can't address more 4 gigabytes of ram. You can't have 2 1 gigabyte graphics card, 4 gigabytes of memory, and have it all address it at one time.

And nobody gives any love to 64 bit. Sad.
    You love my sig.

Anodized

Hopefully this means us pc gaming bastard children will finally get some love. Those console gaming 2nd borns have stolen the love for far too long =[.

lol, I would hope so. Its what their intentions are.