Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painting tips

Default Re: Painting

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhyn
    thx for the info.....now...what exactly is hand glaze?

It's the final PimpCream polish to bring out that glossy shine
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

woot! and nice wording.....anyway yeah between work and class I decided to kill some time by going to books a million and checking our your book....and ended up becoming so engrossed that I missed class ....anyway I discovered this in your book (which I now plan to buy asap but this month i've got WAY too many expenses including 2 bdays and 2 lan parties (1 is out of town))

ok so where can i find hand glaze? lol i looked and all i could find was rubbing compound...and right next to it something called finish restorer...but it didn't say hand glaze anywhere on the bottle and i didnt see anything else called hand glaze ...

Anodized

Go down to a good auto parts store like Pepboys and look in the car care section with the wax and soap and stuff. I use 3m Imperial Hand Glaze. it is wax free and silicone free and safe for clearcoats. Or go to the 3m website and look up part# 051131. It is the best all around glaze for fresh paint jobs.

well i had got my paint job done and it looked GREAT......then about 5 days later came the lan party.....i put my carrying strap on...went to the lan...then when i came home and took the strap off to my complete and utter horror i discovered my last three weeks worth of painting had been pretty much destroyed by that stupid strap b/c for some reason it bit into the paint leaving horrible scuffs,scratches, and large bumps on it....
    if i leave the strap on you can barely tell up close and cant tell from a distance but I know its there :\ oh well i wont have to tolerate it TOO long as i plan on starting a new rig at the first of the year...but moral of the story....lan party (and especially carrying straps) is french for death to paint jobs (especially new ones)

Anodized

That sucks about the paintjob. The issue might have been residual solvents in the paint. it happened a couple of times on some mods that i thought were dry and when i remounted the HDDs and tightened up the screws the paint just turned to mush around the screws. The best way to fix that damage is to lightly wet sand it down and reapply the clear coat and let it dry for awhile and possibly not use it to LAN with.

ATX Mental Case

are there any spary-on bases?

Project :: RONIN
    .:. C2D E8400 3.0 .:. Asus Rampage Formula .:.Sapphire HD 3870 X2 .:. Corsair XMS2 4GB DDR2 800Mhz.:. Thermaltake ToughPower 850 W .:.

Project :: RONIN [Dress Rehearsal]
    .:. P4 3.0 HT .:. Sapphire X800 XL Ultimate .:. 1GB DDR 400Mhz .:. ThermalTake Big Typhoon Cooler .:. ThermalRock Ninja Power 420W .:.
    [Microlab Case with Custom Front Mesh Bezel]

Sponsors :: Koolance

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slatter
    are there any spary-on bases?
    What do you mean by bases?

Are you thinking primer (goes on baremetal so the paint has something to adhear too). Or Base color (the primary color that details and or candies (top coats) are appied)? If you tell us which your thinking of we can give you eamples of them.

Crazybillybob

Default Re: Painting tips

Many tips are there in for paint...
    1.you can go to lows and get a paint edger,if you get any on it have a wet cloth to wipe it off
    2.do not bend your hand into the paint