Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bicycles.

Default Re: Bicycles.

The crappy Huffy mountain bike my parents bought me for off road use. The green and red bikes are my parents'.

I have a Specialized road bike I normally ride, no pictures though. Weighs a lot less and has a few upgrades, offhand I know there is a granny gear and a digital speedometer. I need to start riding again, I haven't since I left for school in the fall. In the past I have also gone bicycle camping, like backpacking but carrying my gear on the bike instead.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

I just finished changing my old tires with my new Michelin XC Dry tires, I will be posting a review as soon as I tested them a little. Be sure to check in the review category soon, or I will post a link to the tread when done.
    Xbox 360 | Canon EOS 400D | Creative I-Trigue 3400

my dad owns a bike shop... biggest in town. guess ill take some shots of some of the stuff we got down there
    some of the things is fully carbon racers, a harley thingie like the one luke showed (just much cooler no offence), and tons of mbīs. hydralic disc breakes etc. really alot of nice stuff... he just got a new racer home that costed about 4200 bucks xD...

at a little conference we were at i counted a total of over 700.000 dollars worth of bikes xD and that was a tiny room xD

the things i ride:

and some other mb that i dont remember the name on
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    I rode my new bike in to work today.. tons of compliments. It's sitting right outside my office now. Oh yeah.. I'll probably be riding a couple hours a day now.. mod projects will lag..

Now.. thats a cool bike. Digging the ape hangers. .
    I would add a banana seat and a Aztlan fork and spring.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

So, I'm looking at getting a new bike (probably a specialized BigHit, or if I can, the Kona Dawg on my local craigslist).

Pics if/when it's up

also, lets keep this thread alive and brag about our petrol free transportation

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I should be getting my 8" G2 Clean Sweeps,8" adapters, 10 function CATEYE, and torx wrench on Monday or Tuesday.

Done a fair bit of bike repair since my last post. Had the chance to ride a couple Specialized bikes; friggin' sweet overall. I'm a bit jealous.

The Gary Fisher now has a new (old) seat, and a rear fender from an ancient Raleigh, held on with a couple bolts, an old brake pad, two seat quick-releases, and a small C-clamp:

And then, there's the chopper. My neighbor and a stoner friend of his welded it together years ago, but my neighbor only dragged it home over the winter... Since then we've gotten it actually working, with a 26" front and 24" rear wheel (the latter from a ten-speed, but with no derailleur and an ex-Harley-Davidson chain, it's a manually-set two-speed) and (of course) no brakes:

I wish Bucko was still around to see it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

I almost forgot about this thread, might as well post my ride too...

It's a 21 speed Crescent from -97 i believe it was !!!
    Bought a few years ago from a friend to the family who's a bicycle dealer, got it really cheap.
    He had it in his shop, just renovated it, new gears, brakes, tires and so on.

holy hell

that chopper is feckin' sweet.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

I will be the proud owner of a Chaparral Banshee XL frame + rear shock soon.

No brakes, no drivetrain, headset, fork, anything else. Just the frame.

$175 for a frame that's usually $800+. Major score.