Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Unhappy Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

HI,
    I just built a new system and I have had sooo many problems with freeing and blue screens lately that its not even funny! My main problem is the blue screens . After a while of using the computer it just shuts down and goes to a blue screen that says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something like that. I thought I fixed this but apparently not. Before I had both of my new ram sticks in and then I would blue screen even when trying to boot. I took one of the sticks out and then it worked and started up fine and it seemed like that was the problem. I also ran a memtest on each and reported no problems (I dint run it till it finished but i ran it for a while). But now while I was playing Crysis I blue screened again with only one of my ram sticks. I have vista but I tried to use xp. There I would not get blue screens but there I would just freeze. Just like that. I have 1066 2x2gb g.skill ram sticks and an asus Striker II formula with a Qx9650. I tried changing my ram settings in bios but that didn't help. I also have an 8800 ultra but there is no way that that is causing the problem. I am just so scared of why this is happening because I have had the system for like a week and well just like anyone else... I really don't want any problems. Vista gave me this info inside its error window after it restarted: Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:
    BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: 07AAF56C
    BCP2: 0000001B
    BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 820AD9DA
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030170-01.dmp
    C:\Windows\Temp\WER-32822-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Windows\Temp\WERB26D.tmp.version.txt

Oh and by the way I have gotten errors with different codes after the stop but usually they always start with: Stop: 0x00000000A (I don't know how many zeros there were between the A i just guessed). But yeah I have tried reinstalling my os almost a billion times and that didn't help either. PLS HELP I REALLY WANT MY COMPUTER TO WORK. THANKS ANYONE WHO EVEN TOOK THEIR TIME TO READ THIS!!!
    CHEESE!!

Default Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Hi,
    Just got another one with this information: (This happened while playing a video in wmp)
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: c5
    BCP1: 053D4D68
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 820E7610
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030108-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38313-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBD84.tmp.version.txt

This is getting worse... Thanks for all your help... Cheese...

These things can be so hard to do without being there but, what is your power supply, as that is not mentioned?

Make sure all your connections are on. The 4 pin going to the cpu as well as the two for your gpu. Something that is easily missed and can lead to problems. You've already ran memtest and that has come out fine. How long did you run it?

Make sure your heatsink is on properly and there is proper ventilation in the case.

Try unplugging extra things you don't need like dvd drives and such and see if the issue persists.

Just a few things to get you started.

Unhappy Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    These things can be so hard to do without being there but, what is your power supply, as that is not mentioned?

Make sure all your connections are on. The 4 pin going to the cpu as well as the two for your gpu. Something that is easily missed and can lead to problems. You've already ran memtest and that has come out fine. How long did you run it?

Make sure your heatsink is on properly and there is proper ventilation in the case.

Try unplugging extra things you don't need like dvd drives and such and see if the issue persists.

Just a few things to get you started.
    Hi, thanks for your reply!
    To answer your first question, I have a coolmax Cuq-1350B the 1200Watt version. All connections are plugged including the 4 pin cpu and the two 6 pin for the gpu. I ran memtest for the first 3 tests or pass (I don't remember what it was called.). The heatsink is installed fine because my cpu is running at 24 celsius and my case is around that temperature too. In the front I have an ASUS DRW-2014L1T dvd+-RW and a logisys card reader/fan controller. I have a separate audio card that came with my mobo. The other error I have been having that does not actually lead to a BSOD but it is weird would be when I am playing crysis, the sound would go away and then come back with a very loud 'shhh' sound like a big boom and then the game sound would work. I have also been having a lot of server lag in crysis which my friend who has a computer which is almost as good as mine does not have. Nothing is overclocked at this time so that could not be causing trouble either. I have also gotten sometimes disk read errors where windows said it could not boot... I switched the sata cable and then it worked... then i switched it back and it worked again normally. I will keep you up to date with the error codes that vista provides if I get another BSOD. Hopefully that can tell you something. What I am going to try to do is ask my friend for parts from his computer to test in mine and see when it works and when I get the same errors. Oh and also my hardrive is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 rpm with 750gb. Yet only 690 show up for use. Is that normal? Also another thing to know is that I have my video card plugged into the lowest PCI express x16 plug, the one closer to the bottom. The reason for this is that the Thermaltake Armour Jr is a little too short and it would only fit if I put the vid card in the bottom slot. I don't think this makes any difference but it is another thing to consider. Thanks for reading this!!! I really appreciate any help from anyone. Thanks...cheese

ATX Mental Case

So the first thing I would do is run the Memtest for a LONG time. Although, from what you say the memory isn't the problem. This sounds more like a motherboard problem. The board could be supplying incorrect voltages to the memory, causing your computer to restart.

Also, Try finding those files that Vista says will help "describe" the problem. If they are anything meaningful, please post them.
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Arrow Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Hi,
    I will try to find the files vista said that could help when I get another blue screen when using he OS. There is also something new going on... Yesterday night I put my pc to sleep mode and when I tried to turn it back on it blue screened when trying to resume... I took a picture of the screen before it disappeared.. This one started with 0x00000007f. When I turned the computer on without trying to resume it turned on but now I cant connect to the internet. It constantly says unidentified network and Access: Local Only. Oh and yesterday before i shut it down I lost internet connection to firefox and only explorer worked. Now that does not either. Skype cannot connect so something is very wrong. I did test the internet on my other computers including the one I am writing from right now. Yeah so this is getting very very bad! I can return any part for a replacement but only a few like the memory for a refund. This has to be done in 30 days though so I need to know until then what to replace or whatever the hec is wrong. Also when I tried to resume i think the computer made a weird sound and then reset, then it tried to resume. After it reset the sound was back to normal. It was like a fan was running at the wrong power which makes it have a little high pitched sound. Well anyway.. this sucks a lot... Thanks.. Cheese

Hi,
    Just looked for those files. I only found the minidump files and opened with word pad. All they had was a bunch of addresses to drivers and a bunch of weird letters. If you want I can copy it into a message but it will be VERY long. Also I have been having the problem of not being able to open control panel... It opens then closes by itself. Thanks... Cheese *Still Dead*

What are your system specs? Are you running Vista 64bit?
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

ATX Mental Case

Don't worry about the minidump then.. This is quite a wierd problem. Usually a hardware problem does not start causing software problems. It Still sounds like a faulty motherboard or PSU. The motherboard's LAN chip might be failing as well, or the PSU might not be supplying the right amount of power. Do you have another PSU that you can try?

Same thing with memory, do you have other sticks of memory that you can try in this system?
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

How long did your run memtest? A full pass of all the tests should take like 40 minutes or something, cant really remember. So you let it run for ~2 hours? I would just let it run the whole day or overnight if you can and see what it brings up.

Ditto for trying another power supply. 1200watts is plenty enough power, but that doesn't rule out that it is malfunctioning.