Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Arrow Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doug91 View Post
    Don't worry about the minidump then.. This is quite a wierd problem. Usually a hardware problem does not start causing software problems. It Still sounds like a faulty motherboard or PSU. The motherboard's LAN chip might be failing as well, or the PSU might not be supplying the right amount of power. Do you have another PSU that you can try?

Same thing with memory, do you have other sticks of memory that you can try in this system?
    This is another weird thing... Once Windows said there was an error and it could not read from my hdd.... I switched that sata cable to another port and then it worked... then i switched it back and it worked on the same one it didn't work before. Do you think that is a mobo or a psu problem. My psu seems to work fine . Can a mobo be faulty and still work for a while like it would work and then bsod and then work again? The lan notices that it has a cable plugged in it just cant connect. that is weird. I am going to test my ram in one of my friends computers and see what that does. do you think I should test another PSU? thanks... cheese

Default Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Just got another screen while doing nothing, just letting the computer run for a while.. These are the codes:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: 07E49864
    BCP2: 0000001B
    BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 820AD9DA
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030208-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-66643-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2DE2.tmp.version.txt

Hope this helps.. Cheese

ATX Mental Case

The IRQL thing usually means a merory error..
    But since you are getting all these other problems I'm leaning towards a messed up motherboard. Swap out as many parts as you can ONE AT A TIME. This will help us find out if one hardware piece is faulty.
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

If you can't get alternate hardware to test, try reformatting the drive (full reformat not quick) and reinstalling windows. I'm apt to think this is a hardware issue and not a software problem, but its easy enough to try. If that isn't an option at least run a chkdsk to check your harddrive for bad sectors and such.

Just spurting out whatever comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    If you can't get alternate hardware to test, try reformatting the drive (full reformat not quick) and reinstalling windows. I'm apt to think this is a hardware issue and not a software problem, but its easy enough to try. If that isn't an option at least run a chkdsk to check your harddrive for bad sectors and such.

Just spurting out whatever comes to mind.
    Ive tried reinstalling windows many times. Once I did a slow format and did not help sadly. I have tried windows XP and that froze a LOT. I dont really know why but I do know that it happened when trying to do multiple things at the same time that involved copying something to the hdd but in vista that problem does not show up... It just blue screens at random times... So yeah that is very weird. I dont know what the heck could be causing the problem... My psu seems to work well. My sound works unless I am playing a game and in that case it goes away and comes back with a loud shhh sound. My video card seems to work fine... I ran memtest for a while but will try to run it longer.. Will be updating tomorrow! Thanks everyone.. cheese

Hmmm...You could try running orthos for a few hours. That will help to see if it is perhaps a cpu issue. I doubt it but it could be. Always worth checking everything.

Try removing the sound card that came with the mobo and see if issues persist without it. Just more things to attempt.

In the bios, reset everything to factory defaults. Start with the bare minimum hardware to run the machine (mobo, one stick of ram, cpu, cooler, gpu, keyboard, mouse, and hdd).

Start it up, and fire up a surface scan on the hdd. Oh heres a thought.. disable the power management and the screen saver too. I would also disable all the onboard devices on the mobo (sound, nic, modem, whatever).

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

ATX Mental Case

In the bios, reset everything to factory defaults. Start with the bare minimum hardware to run the machine (mobo, one stick of ram, cpu, cooler, gpu, keyboard, mouse, and hdd).
    Yea that's a good idea. All these different kinds of failure is very puzzling. You could have a leaking or broken capacitor on your board.. although this is a bit extreme. Still doesn't hurt to check your board for bad capacitors. (they'll looked swelled and/or burnt)
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Hey All,
    I just ran memtest for since yesterday night till now and no errors were found so we can probably cross out the memory as a problem. It has no errors so that should not be it. Hmm what else could be causing the problem. I am going to take out my audio card since I have had sound problems while gaming in any game. The sound would go away and come back with a loud booming shh sound. The card could be causing a problem... If i bsod again then that is not the issue. I am going to try to take out parts one by one and see which one could be causing the problem. I will keep updating and hope for the best... So yeah going to pop out the audio card now... Thanks all, cheese.

Ok well I took out my sound card and left my computer alone for a while and when I got back it was frozen so I guess it isnt the sound card causing the problem... I will keep testing to see if i actually get a blue screen or not so yeah... thanks, cheese