Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Default Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Hi,
    I am not using a usb adapter. I use an ethernet cable in one of the two slots in the back. For the moment I have not had any BSODs. Only constant crashes. Leaving the system idle for a long time can cause a crash. Running a stress test on cpu or memory always causes a crash. Internet does not always connect. Sound in games messes up sometimes. Cannot have both sticks of memory in at same time or vista will crash during boot. Bios notices the ram and seems to work with it fine. This is all I know off the top of my head. Thanks, Cheese.
    Last edited by hungry4cheese; 04-15-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ATX Mental Case

More specific please:
    Does the entire OS crash (can't move mouse, click, type, completely frozen)
    OR
    Software crash (you can fix it by opening task manager and ending the program)
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Hi,
    The Entire OS crashes.. HDD light stuck to on or off. No mouse, no keyboard. Then I have to reset or hold the on button. I've tried both options. Thanks, Cheese!

ATX Mental Case

hmm well IF it is an IRQ problem, it is definately driver related. Hardware IRQ problems can usually be fixed by switching PCI slots, but you do not have any PCI cards right?

It seems like you have some hardware/drivers that are vista incompatible or are just corrupt. Have you tried inserting the Vista disk and trying to repair the OS?
    Thermaltake 500W
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Hi,
    I have tried repairing vista with the OS disk... nothing happened. I have tried taking the system back in time... nothing was fixed. I do not have any pci cards in at this time. Only express cards. Every driver is supposed to be vista compatible, but as I have said before... I have tested with windows xp as well and was crashing there too when trying to copy to the hdd or putting system under stress. Now I am dying........ I JUST GOT ASSASINS CREED AND MY SYSTEM CRASHES DURING THE LOADING VIDEO!!!!!!!! This happens every time and then its reset switch pressing time... I just had to switch my ram sticks because the system would freeze with the other stick in during bios. This happened after the first crash with assassins creed. Now that I switched the sticks it booted... Only to crash again when loading into the game... *CRYING*. A crying cheese thanks all of you for your help!! PS. I just tried launching the vista disk to try to repair again except this time with both of my ram sticks in. It crashed during the black loading vista screen...

Hi,
    I have just killed my vista probably... I can no longer boot. I get BSODs everytime. Once it said that fltmgr.sys is screwey. I tried to boot again and got another BSOD this time with just a stop code. Then I tried to launch my Vista DVD to repair and got another BSOD with this info which kind of scares me. It says that: The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.

STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Thanks, Cheese!

To add to this post... I am in bios changing my memory speed settings to the correct speed and just noticed that MY BIOS IS DYING. By this I am saying that the right side bracket is blinking like a maniac and when I change the memory clock mode to unlinked, the FSB - Memory ratio blinks a few and then comes on with auto... (I only have one stick in) Also when I try to enter a number to change the memory speed, the current number I just pressed enters into the box and other numbers don't. Oh.. what do you know it just started working fine again... The FSB Memory ration box is still kinda screwey but besides that the numbers can be entered. I am trying to boot windows normally, BUT everytime it gets to the black loading vista screen, the computer just restarts. When trying to get into safemode, it crashes on a driver something like crcdisk or close to that then BSODs with the code 0x0000007E and then a bunch of crazy numbers. I am going to try to reset my bios now... WHAT A MIRACLE! I booted into vista with the same old crashing under stress... Well this is just an update of how my ******* computer is doing. Thanks for all of your help! Cheese!

ATX Mental Case

Edit: Try updating your BIOS, the motherboard comes with a program that makes it very easy to do. That may solve your problems.

IF IT STILL IS BUGGY: Go control panel->System Maintenance-> view event logs
    see if there are any events listed under critical. If there are post some up here.
    You can also look through Error category and post the ones that are dated around the same time that Vista crashes
    Thermaltake 500W
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Hi,
    Yes I have updated the BIOS a while ago it did not fix anything... I am going to try to update some other drivers to see if that fixes anything and look at the event logs. Thanks

Hi, Safemode is where the computer actually can run for quite a while when it is idle.... When it is not... it crashes. After two minutes and 55 seconds of running orthos.... THe computer crashes compeltely. Thanks.... Cheese

ATX Mental Case

Do you have ASUS probe installed? You might have already checked this, but its worthwile to make sure your CPU temp isn't causing the computer to shut down when you are stressing it.

Otherwise, is it possible for you to try XP on this machine?
    Thermaltake 500W
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g