Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Default Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Hi,
    Sorry for not getting back to you. CPU temp is not a problem. My zalman fan keeps it around 30 degrees which is pretty good. It never overheats. I have tried XP with the computer a while back. The computer kept crashing on XP too. Also even if it worked with xp, i would not want a computer that could not run Vista even though it is supposed to be able to do it. Thanks!! Cheese

ATX Mental Case

If you haven't already,
    re-seat EVERY cable and component in your computer
    SATA
    IDE
    Memory
    GFX Card
    Any other cards

the CPU doesn't have to be reseated unless you want to be really thorough, if that was not fully seated your computer wouldn't start.
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Fresh Paint

Hi, I ran into this forum on a Google search and it sounds like this new build has been a total nightmare. I Just got through building a new computer and was having a very similar problem. I put 2 known good sticks of pc3200 ram in and the computer would not boot and I could not install windows. I took one stick in and it booted and Windows XP installed without errors. However, once I started using the computer I started getting random blue screens. After some frustrating attempts at changing drivers, I tested my memory and the memory tested good with memtest. Finally, I did a little research on my motherboard. Apparently a lot of people are having trouble getting pc3200 ram to work properly in it despite the fact that the manual says it can take pc3200 ram. They solved the problem by switching to pc2700 ram or underclocking the ram in bios. I changed the frequency setting from by SPD to 166, effectively turning my ram into pc2700 ram. So far I haven’t received any new blue screen errors. Perhaps if you underclock your ram you will have similar results. If this doesn’t fix all of the problems, you might try a clean install of vista with the Underclocked Ram since you may have done some damage to Vista with all of your messing around with drivers. Anyways, I hope this helps. I feel for you. --BJ