Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your team?

Default Re: Who's your team?

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    and Marleau has the game winner in the last 3 games!
    Not to mention the save of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by slytherock View Post
    I'm from Montreal; I think it says it all. We'll bring the cup back where it Belong!!!
    I'd say Montreal has a legitimate shot, and I'd love to see the Flames and the Habs in the finals for a rematch (86, 89). I was at games in the finals both of those years.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRacer27 View Post
    Not to mention the save of the game.
    Holy Crap! I watched the replay of that save at least a dozen times. From one angle you can see the look on his face and how he hesitates until just the right moment and swats the puck away. Magnificent eye hand coordination!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

This is awesome.

Calgary, Colorado, Minnesota, Vancouver, all in the same division. With 1 loss Calgary can go from #3 to #7. With 2 losses, they can go to #9 and be out of a playoff spot. They have to put it all on the line every night. It's like an extra month of playoff hockey.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Ok, so my beloved Flames blew 2 games against teams they should have beaten. Tonight they blew a 3 goal lead and lost 6-4. For the next game tonight, I'll be doing something I have trouble with; I have to cheer for Edmonton (against Colorado).

I sort of understand how you feel. I had to root for the Dead Things last night. Yes they won and are now further ahead of San Jose, but at least Dallas did not get a point and the Sharks are still in 1st in the Pacific Division. That puts the Red Wings out of touch (unless they loose all of the rest of their games) of any team. Looks like they are getting the Presidents Trophy again...

I am heading out in a few minutes to attend the St Louis @ San Jose game. It is going to be LOUD! Just the welcome home from the 10 game winning streak is going to make the place deafening.

I love it. Down to the last dozen games and many teams in the different divisions are within a few points of each other. Except the Red Wings, they are catchable but only if other teams get it going....
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Hockey? What's that? My team is the Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by public_eyesore View Post
    Hockey? What's that? My team is the Athletics.
    I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I had to google to remember who the Athletics were (what sport and what city). Oakland MLB?

Are you an occasional or hardcore fan (follow them even during the bad years)?

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    I love it. Down to the last dozen games and many teams in the different divisions are within a few points of each other. Except the Red Wings, they are catchable but only if other teams get it going....
    I hope somebody passes them. San Jose, New Jersey and Montreal all have other teams in their division that are really close in points, and yet they could potentially still catch the wings.

The wings were truly dominant for most of the season, but in February they looked like mere mortals like everybody else. Nashville beating them today continues the illusion. Unfortunately for the Flames, that win brings Nashville within 2 points of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRacer27 View Post
    I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I had to google to remember who the Athletics were (what sport and what city). Oakland MLB?

Are you an occasional or hardcore fan (follow them even during the bad years)?
    I like watching Billy Beans use of sabermetrics (sp?). Its cool how one of the least funded teams has done so good in the past few years.

WTF? 18-0-1-1 since Feb 21! I don't like the looks of this! If the playoffs started today:

I better book some holidays quick! I might be down in Shark town soon.

BTW, Could it be any better than the Flames officially taking the Oilers out of the playoffs tonight? I lost money on the last game (3 days ago) to an Oiler fan (Oilers won 2-1). I'm sure glad I went double or nothing, but I was sure sweating tonights game out! Oilers scored first but. final score: 3-2 Calgary.

In all honesty, Edmonton should not be doing this well considering the average age of the team. Give these kids a few years and I think they will be a serious cup contender. A small part of me was cheering for them to go all the way (even though the Flames stood in the way), just because of the heart this team had over the past few weeks.

I love the Alberta rivalry! It makes both cities better. Not just in sports, but they compete in EVERYTHING!

Luke122: Go Stamps Go! (i'm assuming you also cheer for the Eskimos)