Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your team?

Default Who's your team?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRacer27 View Post
    My favorite team is the Calgary Flames (team themed mod coming soon). Your SO watches with you, that's cool. My wife used to watch with me, but soon decided she likes summer better because she gets her husband back. During hockey season before we make plans for anything we check the team schedule to plan around games. My wife actually cheers for whoever Calgary plays in the playoffs, hoping to put Calgary out sooner. The nerve.

Who's your team?
    I posted this in another thread and unintentionally hijacked it. In order to continue with it, I thought it would be better in it's own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    My team: OILERS!

That's right, I'm a Flames hater.
    I love the Alberta rivalry. I grew up in Calgary, but I now live in Fort McMurray, so I'm outnumbered by Oilers fans, but there are still lots of Flames fans around here too. In my car pool group for work, there are 2 hardcore Oilers fans and me and another equally hardcore Flames fan that travel to work together. Every day the conversation inevitably turns to hockey and then the fun starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    We still miss Darryl. Hell quite a few ex sharks are up in Calgary now. Kipper is magnificent! That was a trade the sharks have regretted, but he really needed to be the #1 goalie and he was only backup here (the Sharks have had a history of putting out excellent goalies).

Here's a trivia question; I wear my Colorado Rockies jersey to a few games. Who would I be rooting for?
    Darryl was one of the best things to happen to the Flames in a long time. He got Kipper for a third round draft pick, which at the time seemed fair, but looking back, I think that's one of the biggest one sided trades ever.

As far as your trivia question, I've been racking my brain and then cheated with google and still can't find a connection. You've got me stumped. My guess is that one of the current sharks is the son of one the former Colorado Rockies (pre- New Jersey Devils).

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    I wear my Winnipeg Jets jersey to games all the time.
    Why's that, you think the Jets have as good a chance to make it to the playoffs this year as the Oilers? J/K...

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Last semester, my engineering maths tutor (Prof. Geoff Brooks) was a major hockey fan and plays it sometimes.
    In Australia? That's cool. I imagine there aren't many hockey fans around.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Default Re: Who's your team?

In Australia? That's cool. I imagine there aren't many hockey fans around.
    From his accent, I'd say he was canadian.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Good Idea Indy!

You nailed the Rocky Hockey connection. They are now the Devils. The MLB team is not the first major league sports team to use the name "Rockies". My old roommate was the camera guy for a local station in Denver and he got me in to a few games as his "assistant". I was this --> || close to being in a commercial too, but they did not like the shirt I was wearing that day. (Kansas concert shirt and they thought the connection was too eerie so they nixed me out of the scene) (for those that don't know, the Devils started out in Kansas City --> Denver --> New Jersey).

Darryl still gets a standing ovation when he comes to town (Sutter brother!), as does Owen Nolan. Nolan also owns the Downtown San Jose Britannia Arms.

Hockey conversations in Canada can get as heated as political or religious debates in the US, so you have to be careful who you dis.

If any of you Hockey fans get to San Jose, let me know. If it is during the Hockey season I will get you some seats in the rowdy section (section 209 FTW!). You will have a blast no matter what jersey you wear.

Monday's Game against the Hab's (just last night learned what that meant and how they got that nickname), was a GREAT game! Campbell's acquisition was just the shot in the arm the Sharks needed. Plus that spin move he has is fantastic! LINK The crowd went freaking nut's! Sounded like a playoff game.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Hockey conversations in Canada can get as heated as political or religious debates in the US, so you have to be careful who you dis.
    It's funny how crazy we are about hockey. Al McInnis, was asked about Canada's love of hockey at the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake City. Paraphrased he said, In the U.S., you have football fans, baseball fans, basketball fans, etc. Most of the rest of the world loves soccer. In Canada we have hockey.

Sure we have the other sports also, but most Canadians enjoy hockey and grow up playing it. My 3 year old daughter is even starting to show some interest in it. I'm going to encourage her to play if she wants.

Since I chose my name to be IndyRacer27, you would think I'm really into car racing, specifically Indy Racing, but really, I watch racing in the summer because there's no NHL. There's still hockey to watch but not the NHL.

If the Flames meet the Sharks in the playoffs, I might end up coming down for a game ( I did mention that I'm a bit of a fan right). Don't worry, I won't be trying to get you to hook me up with playoff tickets, but I'll let you know if I'll be able to make it down.

A friend of mine is a huge Oiler's fan and in 2006 when the Oiler's went to the finals, he was at game 5 in Edmonton, got drunk and woke up in Carolina. So he went to game 6 also. He wouldn't tell anybody what he paid to watch those 2 games ( including the airfare, hotels, etc), but I still get a chuckle out it.

As far as Campbell's goal, that was awesome. It's going to make high light reels for a while, and I think that's one of the top 10 goals of the year so far. Oh, and Kipper got a shutout last night.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

It's funny how crazy we are about hockey. Al McInnis, was asked about Canada's love of hockey at the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake City. Paraphrased he said, In the U.S., you have football fans, baseball fans, basketball fans, etc. Most of the rest of the world loves soccer. In Canada we have hockey.

Hehe I must be Canadian then because that is how I feel. eh?

Sure we have the other sports also, but most Canadians enjoy hockey and grow up playing it. My 3 year old daughter is even starting to show some interest in it. I'm going to encourage her to play if she wants.

Since I chose my name to be IndyRacer27, you would think I'm really into car racing, specifically Indy Racing, but really, I watch racing in the summer because there's no NHL. There's still hockey to watch but not the NHL.

If the Flames meet the Sharks in the playoffs, I might end up coming down for a game ( I did mention that I'm a bit of a fan right). Don't worry, I won't be trying to get you to hook me up with playoff tickets, but I'll let you know if I'll be able to make it down.

No issues, but if you do make it down, I have a line on several seats for the playoffs, right next to mine.

A friend of mine is a huge Oiler's fan and in 2006 when the Oiler's went to the finals, he was at game 5 in Edmonton, got drunk and woke up in Carolina. So he went to game 6 also. He wouldn't tell anybody what he paid to watch those 2 games ( including the airfare, hotels, etc), but I still get a chuckle out it.

Hehe, that is classic!

As far as Campbell's goal, that was awesome. It's going to make high light reels for a while, and I think that's one of the top 10 goals of the year so far. Oh, and Kipper got a shutout last night.
    The goal was meh, but the move to get that goal was brilliant!

GO Kipper!

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

as i said in the other thread, dont watch too much... i played a bit of hockey when i was younger...but i will always support my philly flyers

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

28.8 seconds left to tie? Man I was hoping the Wild wouldn't get any points last night!

Hey !

I stay with Nashville Predatores. They are ranked as 12th now I think.
    Xbox 360 | Canon EOS 400D | Creative I-Trigue 3400

28.8 seconds left to tie? Man I was hoping the Wild wouldn't get any points last night!
    Damn, me too. I can't believe how bad the sharks are in the last few minutes of a period. Something they better work on.

On the upside, the sharks now have the longest winning streak in franchise history with 9 games, and Marleau has the game winner in the last 3 games! He sure is stepping up the last half of the season.

I'm from Montreal; I think it says it all. We'll bring the cup back where it Belong!!!

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast