Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's your team?

Default Re: Who's your team?

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Well if my cable company actually offered the Center Ice package where I live, we would move all our TV's to the living room for the playoffs (no picture in picture). I envy the Canadians when it comes to Hockey coverage on tv.

BTW, the rumor was that the CBC is the reason for the back to back games...
    Not sure if that is true or not. It was _supposed_ to be a game Wednesday or Thursday, then the next one would be on Saturday (Friday at the tank is booked).

This wouldn't surprise me, there's a reason that most Canadians only watch CBC on Saturday nights (Hockey Night in Canada) and in April/May.

This is the Thornton vs Ott fight. Notice how Ott leaves his feet on the check to Michalek;
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uq460jTS9bs

EDIT: That first link of the Shelly vs Ott fight is interesting. Even though I am a Sharks fan, Shelly deserved at least a one game suspension for that attack (even though Ott Deserved it).I am glad Shelly is on the Sharks though. He brings something more than just a tough presence to the ice, he also brings confidence. I am also happy he is playing with the "A" on...
    It's funny how many players have been tagged with the instigator because of him. He gets under peoples skin, with his dirty hits(slashes, etc) and gets away with a lot of them.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

CBC's coverage started with player introductions, the crowd was so loud I thought I wouldn't be able to hear it. Just as the Canadian anthem was about to start, the crowd quieted down and then there it was: "CALGARY YOU SUCK" clear as day. Pretty funny.

I hate to admit it, but the Flames were lucky. The Flames got the better deal of calls, and Kipper stole the game. This series is going to get heated quickly. Some huge hits already in the first game, and they'll only get more intense as they go.

I'll be listening for you all again tonight. Oh, and BTW, I'm heading to Calgary today, about a 9hr drive away. I'll be at game 3 and 4.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Yes it was a loud game!
    Playoff games are usually loud. The crowd started getting quiet after the second Calgary goal. Still it was a fun game to watch.

I don't think Calgary got lucky. They played the better game and Kipper deserved the #1 star of the game. The Sharks must have forgot the game started at 7pm instead of 7:30. Their passing was terrible and even though they outshot the Flames 39 to 22 they were some of the weakest shots I have seen in a while.

Did you hear us chanting "SHOT ON GOAL"? It took the Sharks the better part of the first period to get one shot on goal and they scored. The Zebra's were definitely biased in their calls. There were a couple of calls that were bogus (the crosscheck on McLaren comes to mind) and several non-calls as well. Even looking at the replays, you can clearly see the Ref looking right at the trip or hold and no call.

All in all though Calgary earned that win. Tonights game should be much better and I expect more aggressive play from both teams. It looked like both teams were holding back, not wanting to get injuries on the first night.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

3:33 into the game and I was pissed. Drove 9 hours to get to Calgary, hotels, fuel, $200 each to a scalper for tickets (for $100 tickets), and 3-0. As it turned out, it's a game that no Flames fan will ever forget.

2 hours before the game, we got on the LRT (light rail transit), at the farthest stop from the Saddledome. Everybody pouring onto the train was wearing a red Flames jersey, even the driver.

The C of red isn't just in the Saddledome, the entire city gets involved. Seeing all those red jerseys in the Saddledome, and on the streets leading to the 'dome is an unbelievable sight. Other cities try to copy it but nobody does it better than Calgary. Of the handful of people not wearing a red jersey, many were wearing the away jersey (the white one), or another Flames related shirt. Probably less than 250 people in the entire building were not wearing red or Flames gear. Most of us (90%+) were wearing the red jersey for '04 when the Flames made it to the finals.

3:33 into the game and we were ecstatic! 3 quick goals, Kipper pulled for Cujo. Then the Sharks decided the game was over and stopped playing real hockey. With the way both teams played I think Calgary will knock the Sharks out in the first round. Too bad too, since it will be a devastating blow to them. Not sure they can come back from the loss last night.
    Last edited by Airbozo; 04-15-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling...

One of the most frustrating things about cheering for the Flames (this year in particular) is how wildly inconsistant they are. They play like 2 different teams; one team plays like a contender for the cup, the other team almost missed the playoffs. Luckily, they both showed up last night, but this series is far from over.

I hope both good teams show up tonight. At least put on a show for all the fans.

Got to watch several games last night (thanks versus!), and the Minnesota win over Colorado was great! 3 playoff games, 3 overtimes...

I am also jazzed that NJ finally beat the Rangers. I still root for them since they moved to NJ.

Hehe also liked the new "Avery" rule; "No acting like an ass" rule #75 (watch the end of this clip to see how he taunts the goalie)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

I love the Avs, but alass Oklahoma gets no hockey coverage so unless I feel like going to the sports bar across the street I never get to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonforever View Post
    I love the Avs, but alass Oklahoma gets no hockey coverage so unless I feel like going to the sports bar across the street I never get to see them.
    Damn that would be tough! All the way across the street!?!?! ...and you would have to socialize... tsk tsk... Heheh JK. If we had that issue here the SO would move. She is such the Hockey Betty.

Do you guys get Versus on cable? They have been playing 2 games a night, then NBC picks up at least one game on the weekend.

I would go through serious withdrawals if I had to go without hockey! When 2 games are on TV at the same time (different channels), I record one, while I watch the other, and then watch it later. One advantage of living in Canada, I can watch every playoff game from my living room.

In the summer, when I need a hockey fix, I tune into NHLTV and watch classic games. I think I need help.