Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Baddest Modded Case Contest!

Fresh Paint

Default Re: The Baddest Modded Case Contest!

Holy hell.....God, i wish my drawing skills were as impressive! XD

My Design Entry
    Lean Mean Folding Machine

Heres The Four Pictures

About The Design

well i wanted to make a big case that wound hold a folding farm, a computer to monitor the folding machines and a high end gaming machine, and i wanted it to be able to move, thats where the wheels come in

it has 8 mother board trays taken from the sketchup components collection, and is a SilverStone Temjin SST-TJ07SW, every computer accept one is water cooled and each has it's own tripe rad, the holes for the rad are on one side of the case and the res's are on top, the computer that isn't water cooled is the monitoring pc which is just used to control the fans, and the power and settings of the other machines.

there is 3 massive 250mm fan intakes in the front of the case (thats what them big pipes are), the medium size cables are tubing for the water cooling setups, and the little ones are for power.

every part of the case is spilt into different section for thermal control which is monitored by the control pc.

the 8 tubes which are together on the top of the case are fans at each end that suck the air out of the case

at the back of the case the is room for 8 psu, which go into a junction box at the end of the psu, where the power get routed to the computers

where the rads are there is a rad grill which has got the words "lean mean folding machine" written diagonally along them, with black mesh behind it. the case has a total of 6,000 white leds in it and everything is light up from the tubing to the cables and the motherboard trays to the psu's.

the case has 3 windows 2 by the 5.12 bays and one at the back of the case, with the case having clear and plexi in the windows and other parts of the case.

let me now if you wound like any more information, good luck guys, but i really want this case, i am a true mac fan and have a macbook and a ibook at home

whoa... that is... pretty awesome hahaha. I was looking at it for the longest time, and I really couldn't wrap my mind around it so I decided to ask. =P

First and foremost, I'm not criticizing your work in any way; it's very creative and different, definitely different from what mine looks like hahaha.

That being said, I think there might be some scale issues here... Going off what your description said as the front 3 tubes being 250mm fans, this case is about the size of a good 2.5 meter cabinet on it's side That would make those the PSU the largest I've ever seen made, as standard ones are around 14 x 15 x 8 cm.

I looked it over and decided that with regards to the 5 1/2 bays in comparison to the PSU, the fan size is probably the thing that is off. Then I noticed if that were the case [haha pun], then there's no way to fit 8 mobos in there....Then the whole back panel with the triple rads... with double rads being 240 mm in length, triples I would stand to assume would be 360mm in length. Guestimating that you could fit about 1.5 radiators over each wheel width, that makes it... 1.8 meters in the back

Again, definitely not bashing you or anything because I like the idea of the folding machine, but there's some size issues i think need to be slightly revised and worked out.

P.S. If this posts offends anybody, let me know or delete it please. I purely meant it as constructive commenting.

yer the front fans our out the rest is to scale

Fresh Paint

Hi,
    Thought I'd try this. Started doing some freehand sketches and will try and set my scanner up tomorrow so I can post something final when I'm ready. Just wondering, can I post my early concepts or do those count towards my four picture limit and are we judged on drawing quality? I'm doing all my stuff in rough freehand because I prefer to draw that way and just hope it won't affect my chance of winning (like I would anyway :p).

As a side note, is it just me or does the introductions forum not exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomos View Post
    Hi,
    Thought I'd try this. Started doing some freehand sketches and will try and set my scanner up tomorrow so I can post something final when I'm ready. Just wondering, can I post my early concepts or do those count towards my four picture limit and are we judged on drawing quality? I'm doing all my stuff in rough freehand because I prefer to draw that way and just hope it won't affect my chance of winning (like I would anyway :p).

As a side note, is it just me or does the introductions forum not exist?
    sounds good, i put a few tease shots up will i was making it so i thnk you are alound ,

and i'm looking forward to seeing to see what i'm up agasit, i was'nt going to enter but i really want that case big time want that case mega big time want that case

good luck

Fresh Paint

Yeah, the case makes me want to actually complete this (I don't finish a lot of what I start) and the easter break means I've got time to do this. I'm design a sort of water cooled sentinel from the Matrix, reference pictures I'm using:

Image One
    Image Two

By the way, what program are you doing your work in? Sorry if this has already been asked, I've only skimmed through the thread.

i'm using sketup, 3, 4, 5, 6

the reason i use old ones aswell because of some of the tools, and stuff

but you can get sketchup here for free http://sketchup.google.com/download.html

Fresh Paint

Yeah, I've used sketch up before, didnt know you could do that kind of stuff in it though. I'm downloading my scanner drivers now (lost the CD) so I should have my drawings up pretty soon.

Update
    Okay, here are my current drawings. They're not in any particular order but Image 01 is probably the closest to what I want to finish with.

Image 01
    Image 02
    Image 03
    Image 04
    Image 05
    Image 06
    Image 07

I don't know much about water cooling (not yet anyways) so I'm probably missing some things and needing some things for it to actually work. Also, Image 01 probably couldn't support itself (you'll know what I mean when I draw the other views) so I'll need some kind of supports for the head/body).

Quote Originally Posted by Tomos View Post

Update
    Okay, here are my current drawings. They're not in any particular order but Image 01 is probably the closest to what I want to finish with.

I don't know much about water cooling (not yet anyways) so I'm probably missing some things and needing some things for it to actually work. Also, Image 01 probably couldn't support itself (you'll know what I mean when I draw the other views) so I'll need some kind of supports for the head/body).
    pic 01 almost looks like an older cash register to me.

oh, W/C is easy. block, pump, rad, reservoir for the basics

I understand what your getting at, is it the mobo thats suspened in the orb by waterpipes or a monitor? Also, is the base attached to the head?

Some sharper diagrams would help