Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Baddest Modded Case Contest!

Fresh Paint

Default Re: The Baddest Modded Case Contest!

I'm still not sure how I'd suspend the orb (which is essentially the case) but in its current state it would just collapse. I found this article on Tom's Hardware about water cooling so that should help (only read one or two of the eleven pages). The "water cooling box" in my diagrams is the reservoir (I think).

Tomorrow I might be able to get some better drawings down. Rough ones like I've posted helped me get a good idea of the form. For anyone whose used UnrealEd they might know about the tool that blurs everything so you can see the flow of colours in the map, it's a bit like that.

The base is attached to the head through the pipes, which are mainly metal pipes (like those in the ORAC case mod, don't know what they're actual name is) and a few water cooling pipes. The water cooling pipes would need to be extended somehow to reach from the base to the body. If you look at those pictures of sentinels I posted before, it might better explain my design.

Update
    I've done a couple of cleaner drawings, which I'll try and upload tomorrow, along with some more if I can.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Contest due date pushed back to April 4th
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Fresh Paint

Hey, thanks for pushing it back. Not too sure I'd be able to get it by 28th, gotta catch up on my homework

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Contest due date pushed back to April 4th

noooooooooooooooo i go on hoilday on the 3rd so i won't be able ti see if i won i was fine with finishing it tomorrow

if you win you'll see it when you come back =P

I actually like this date push-back cuz I'm currently on an inferior computer at home with a 6600 that just can't handle anything beyond a rectangle in google sketchup. I go back to my gaming desktop this sunday, which gives me a fighting chance =D sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowNyfe View Post
    if you win you'll see it when you come back =P

I actually like this date push-back cuz I'm currently on an inferior computer at home with a 6600 that just can't handle anything beyond a rectangle in google sketchup. I go back to my gaming desktop this sunday, which gives me a fighting chance =D sweet.
    i hope i win i real bad want that case, ans soz to hear you comp run sketchup

i might acutely have some compatiton on my hands

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Everyone loves competition.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Everyone loves competition.
    yer i do but i really want that case

ATX Mental Case

is it too late to enter? :S

2x120mm Intake Fans on the bottom (not shown in picture)
    2xRadiators with fans pushing are out of case at the top rear.
    Case is roughly 40cm x 60cm in dimensions.
    The center cirlce will light up, and its brightness intensity will increase as the computer uses more power.
    When it hits the max, it will blink repeatedly indicating that the pc is completely stressed out. (at least thats the idea). The insides will illuminate to a dim blue.

Unique thing about the case design is that it resembles that of a car, with the exterior that can come apart from the mobo tray base. So all you have to do is lift up the shell and then you can work with the insides with relative ease, as opposed to working with side panels.

Design is inspired by many things, including Batman, Gundam, amongst other techno stuff.

The above was actually one of my concepts for a case I was going to work on, but due to my limited hands-on experience with modding, this is a concept that probably will never materialize just because of the complexity in geometries.

yer you are..... only joking, and WOW batman style