Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paintball

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Paintball

Oh, well we played speedball, real short games

I was unloading my whole hopper in a matter of minutes. =p

When I get the flatline for the 98C I'll probably look into woodsball sniping.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

ATX Mental Case

speedballl is so much funner, faster and much easier to do.

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

the tippy 98 is a fairly sturdy marker....you wont have very many problems with it... lemme go find my camera and ill snap a few pics of mine

edit:

ok here is my system x autococker,mind you i havent played seriously in a couple years

and this is a body i was working on in my machining class

i plan on upgrading to an Invert Mini here once i get some cash flow, so tourney ball will be starting again
    but for when i play scenario i like using pump guns like the sniper(my gun but with a pump) or a phantom, i was taught the art of pump one summer and fell in love with it
    Last edited by b4i7; 03-09-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    speedballl is so much funner, faster and much easier to do.
    I'll admit that it's fun but I love scenario type games, or ones with more realistic environments, and you can't beat realism like real forests and stuff. Quicker isn't necessarily a plus. And as for simpler, yes, but it's a tad too simple imo, run, hide, then shoot. I got it down pretty hard in three and a half hours of play.

I want a game type where there's more than two types of player. I want a game type that actually utilizes camoflague effectively. I want a gametype that does military-esque stuff.

Hence woodsball. =p

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I want a game type where there's more than two types of player. I want a game type that actually utilizes camoflague effectively. I want a gametype that does military-esque stuff.

Hence woodsball. =p
    Totally agree!

Dude, camouflage clothing and face paint? YES PLEASE.

Tree forts? Ditches? Bunkers? Blending into the background and/or hiding in bushes?

You just can't beat it in my opinion. The adrenaline is so different too. Its not like running from spot to spot and being constantly under fire and/or returning fire in a confined space. In woodsball, your out there, all alone, in the silence of nature, just moving slowly, trying not to break any twigs to alert your position, or when your hiding in a bush or up in a tree, and you see someone walking your way so slowly, so cautiously, as if they KNOW your there somewhere but they just can't figure out where, but they could any minute. O.M.G. That is _the best_ feeling ever. ...aside from maybe sex, but its a close call.

I think I want to invent a whole new paintball sport. Waterball. Grab a couple boats, a couple guns... could be fun! ...ooh, or rent some jet skis! Hmm, might want to include wrist strap or invent floating markers though. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

dont know if any of you have heard of this...

but its one of the largest scenario ball games in the US

http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/ i plan on trying to go to this this summer....its gonna be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

I love paintball. played woodsball first and then got into speedball. my favs gotta be scenario or woodsball. I have a Spyder AMG classic. Been looking for people in my area to play but it has died alot here. I really do miss it. You know it would rock if we all could get together for a hug lan followed up with some paintball.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Totally agree!

Dude, camouflage clothing and face paint? YES PLEASE.

Tree forts? Ditches? Bunkers? Blending into the background and/or hiding in bushes?

You just can't beat it in my opinion. The adrenaline is so different too. Its not like running from spot to spot and being constantly under fire and/or returning fire in a confined space. In woodsball, your out there, all alone, in the silence of nature, just moving slowly, trying not to break any twigs to alert your position, or when your hiding in a bush or up in a tree, and you see someone walking your way so slowly, so cautiously, as if they KNOW your there somewhere but they just can't figure out where, but they could any minute. O.M.G. That is _the best_ feeling ever. ...aside from maybe sex, but its a close call.

I think I want to invent a whole new paintball sport. Waterball. Grab a couple boats, a couple guns... could be fun! ...ooh, or rent some jet skis! Hmm, might want to include wrist strap or invent floating markers though. lol
    I know how much fun hiding is. Me and some friends were playing tag at night, and I hid in a position so well I had a guy stare right at me and still not notice me. When he walked off I bust into laughter which gave me away and I had to run like hell, but it was an awesome feeling. Crouching in that bush, breathing lightly as I can, covered myself in twigs and nobody found me. It was astonishing.

Is awesome

I have a junky brass eagle (not a plastic, but still not great).

It is sort of expensive for paintballs... And I don't know enough people nor do Is there a good place to go for airsoft (I don't exactly have a gun though, either.)

I enjoyed it back when I got the chance to play, it is also very fun with just slingshots in close quarters woods. It's like pump but slower and more skillful. But fun.
    You love my sig.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    I enjoyed it back when I got the chance to play, it is also very fun with just slingshots in close quarters woods. It's like pump but slower and more skillful. But fun.
    Sling shots have surprising accuracy with paintballs, as I found out one day after stepping out onto my friends porch one morning.

"Ah, such a sunny beautiful day..."

*THWACK!*

"Holy hell! What was that!?"

*Looks at a paint marking a couple inches away from my head on the sliding glass door*

Apparently, my friend was out in the distance, standing on top of a fifth wheel (camper) with a "wrist rocket" in his hand. So I ran back inside, grabbed his paint ball gun and a couple paint balls, ran back outside and the second I reached fresh air he nailed me in the leg.

If they weren't so slow compared to a marker, I would probably use one instead. They are kind of fun to use, brings a different level of playing to the game.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.