Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Answers Please

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Serious Answers Please

One question: Do my mods suck?

I've deleted my account @ Modshop.net because none of my mods make it past round 1. Are my mods just too crappy?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Serious Answers Please

Huh? Think this might be better titled "Serious Questions Please". I read where your R2D2 mod made the pages of PC Magazine, and you have another soon to grace the pages of Maximum PC? Hmmmmm.... Do your mods suck?
    ________
    Ipad games
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

So that's a YES.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Modding isn't a popularity contest.

Its about doing what you love and expressing yourself through creativity using your tools, know-how and design skills.

It isn't about impressing the masses. Its about taking computers to the next level.

For the record, I like your mods. They don't give me that "wow" factor like say Doom3 or Motorized Madness, but thats not a bad thing. Its just simply that they don't do that for me. But I do like them, because its not about who can build the next biggest, baddest, most amazing case mod. Its about love and passion for computers and making them yours through an expression of who you are. Which you have done.

Be proud of your work TGS. You have no reason not to be.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

There's a little too much ass-kissing going on at Modshop for my tastes. I'm not too confident in the people running it either.

Your mods are awesome.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

I like every one of them myself!
    Especially the Winni.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eclecticos View Post
    I like every one of them myself!
    Especially the Winni.
    Hell ya! Who doesn't love Space Balls?

My most favorite case mod by TGS is a really close tie between Namesake, Dodge Super Bee and R2-D2.

I also really like Thinner ATX for some reason. I guess I think it was a really good artistic expression/release build. That may or may not of been the point of the build, but thats how I received it. So no hard feelings TGS if I got it wrong.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Wow, Zephik has nailed it. (Nice work) To be more concise, TGS, I for one love your mods. So some people at another site think others are better, or flashier, or whatever it is that tickles their... whatever.

Bottom line, I think: Who do you build mods for?

On a side note, I am a huge Mopar fan and Super Bee would look REALLY nice on my desk. Absolutely outstanding mod.
    ________
    Extreme Vaporizer Review
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    Who do you build mods for?
    Exactly. Modding is somewhat similar to music--if your art touches just one person, doing it was worth it. And the fact that your Superbee mod is going to be in Maximum PC is testament to your modding ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

The Worst I Have Ever Seen! Dont quit your day job pal.

J/K

Super Bee is an awsome mod and Space Balls is wicked nostalgic!

[edit]
    Project Namesake F'in Rules dude...