Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Project: Ultimate Arcade!

Rankenphile

Default Re: Project: Ultimate Arcade!

This project has been buried half-way down the second page, and I've received a number of messages about it asking about the progress and such. I'm going to put my reply below to the most recent one, to keep you guys updated on it - it's not forgotten or abandoned by any means, just sort of put on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Napalm
    Hey rank,
    I was just wondering when you were going to pick up on the mod? Will it be in spring when it gets warmer?
    It's kind of up in the air. I'm going to be getting a new computer for my girlfriend when I get my tax return back, and the arcade system won't really be too useful until we move into our new house as there is nowhere to put it yet, and that won't be until at least late summer to mid-autumn, so I'm not in a big rush. I'm going ot be doing a computer mod once I get the money from my taxes back, so I'll have a project to post once that gets started, but I jsut don't have a ton of motivation right now to work on the cabinet, as when I get it done it will basically mean I won't be able to play my xbox, lol.

I'm still playing around with the LED setup and stuff, so I'll post on the progress of that as it happens. But yeah, a lot of it is just waiting for warmer weather, and a lot of it is just I'm too lazy to stop playing World of Warcraft and get crackin' on a new project, lol.

Rankenphile

A quick status update - this project is by no means abandoned, just put on hiatus. Personal life has a way of creeping into my modding/project time, I'm getting close to gettting the plans for our remodel done, so we can start construction (finally!), I've received a promotion at work into the position of Marketing Director, which means my workload has tripled, I just got back from Vegas for a tradeshow I was entirely responsible for, my freelance project is still clipping along, and I just got engaged (!), which means my cash flow is gone until I can pay for the ring I just bought, which should only be a month or two. I still really want to get back to this, and have some great plans to share with you guys, but it is not abandoned, just on hiatus. It is coming, and I've got a couple other neat projects in the planning stages, too, that I can't wait to share.

Thanks again to everyone for putting up such great content on this site, I leaern new stuff from you all almost every day.

Keep checking back, and post any other ideas you guys have, I'm always into new inspiration.

YAAAHOOO!!! (gotta be careful about copyright enfringments on that)

Glad to hear everything is going well.. Although I am anxious to see progress on this mod, It sounds like you got a lot of GREAT things happening. Good luck on everything...

Hey congrats on getting engaged!

Sounds like everythings going great, hopefully that will spread over onto the mod when you get back to it!

Rankenphile

Thanks, guys.

The engagement isn't exactly sudden, I've been dating my girl for four years, and we got engaged the day I got back from Vegas, which just happened to be our four year anniversary, and two days before Valentine's day.

Things are going well, but way crazy busy. I'll have some fun stuff soon, especially since it's starting to warm up enough to paint.

Awwww.... yet another soul being caged for a while XD

Enjoy 'Bach'hood while it lasts.

Btw, Congrats are in order in promotion and engagement.

Fresh Paint

Hey Rank,
    Loads of congrats on your promotion and engagement! your a friggin busy guy. I hope you and your fionce (no idea if thats right) have a great wedding and a great life. i haven't been on teh forums for a while so I sort of missed your post till now. and again congrats!

Rankenphile

lol, thanks, Sarge.

Anodized

ive done a mame arcade myself there pretty simple but can be expensive and a pain to maintain especially when its at school and everyone has access to it

ive also written some files to make it so a particular game starts up

email me if u want a lil help
    Hasbios@aim.com

Rankenphile

Thanks, Hasbios, I'll keep that in mind. Remember, this isn't a strict MAME box, this is a Modded xbox, which has much different programming. If you know much about programming or setting up an Xbox mod chip (Saphire, I believe... I'll have to look it up, it's been a while), let me know, there are a few things I'd like to do that I haven't had a chance to yet.