Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Part Crysis

Default Re: Part Crysis

For ASC, I am an Nvidia fanboy. I have owned 3 ATI cards and 3 Nvidia cards, and all the ATI cards were total crap for me, including the X1900XT that I had. Since then, I have used Nvidia and won't be going back.

And Scotty, I think you misunderstood my post. I already have a Dual Pass Black Ice GTXtreme 240 MM radiator, it's the best 240 that Hardware Labs makes. I am using that to cool off the CPU and chipset, and using ANOTHER 120 MM dual pass to cool off my Video cards.

As for the waterblock, I am friends with the guys from Dangerden, so I have loyalty to them, even if they don't perform as well.

Wewt! Got the motherboard today, and some pics!

Here is everything that was in the box. I won't be using the accessories or the heatsink, but they are nice to have.

All the accessories:

Now THIS is a motherboard!

And the Intel 975x chipset block. The Danger Den 680i chipset block won't fit because DFI uses an ass backwards mounting system for their chipset, but the 975x block works a treat!

Well... okay, I had some money and did some more work tonight... then effed it up. I'm buying lexan next time. Let me show you why.

Cut my front panel... looks great!

Oh wait... it broke.

I'll be buying lexan next time and doing the same thing... at least I know it will look good.

And here is some more paint work.

Not done yet...

I don't know what I intend to use, whatever the best that Nvidia makes in mid December is.

I have some more updates, and 17 pictures!

Sweet new piece of Lexan... but wait, they cut it to the wrong dimensions!

Lets fix this...

And of course we have to file up the edges...

And cutting out my drive bay...

And here it is all finished up.

Hm... this paint doesn't look too good... sign of things to come?

Lets get that bezel painted up.

Test fit... looks good!

And the paint is all fuxed up. I think I left it out in the garage too long and the cold got moisture under the paint. Maybe it will air out by morning, if not, I have to wait two weeks for another paycheck to finish the painting off

At least I know the chassis looks good.

Wait... a new toy came in the mail today!

My Bulgin Vandal Resistant switch with Blue LED!

And here it is installed in the unfinished bezel.

Rest of the stuff should be coming in on thursday and friday, I'll try to fix the paint up tomorrow if it is warm out. Stay tuned.

I figured out what I did wrong with the paint.

I forgot about the silver undercoat. The blue paint is a flat blue, and you are supposed to spray it thinly over the silver undercoat. I layed down the silver undercoat, then laid the blue down too heavily, so that the silver undercoat did not show through.

At least I know that it will be easy to fix.

I had the urge to finish this up, so I went ahead and dipped into the savings to order a sheet of carbon fiber vinyl. It should be arriving in a few days, and I will update at that point. I will be getting home from work in about an hour, and I plan to finish painting my panels at that point.

And I finished making the front bezels actual form. I still have to clean it up and prepare it for wrapping in carbon fiber vinyl... This is gonna look sick.

Just finished up the panel for the bezel.

Here is how it is mounted to the faceplate. I will be cleaning this up, possibly with some bondo, or I may just wrap it with the carbon fiber.

And here is what the whole thing looks like.

I also fixed up ONE of the side panels today... I don't know WHAT happened, but it came out fine tonight... check it.

Thanks man! The case is really coming together, I can't wait to get my power supply tonight! I used up the last of my paint on the window panel so that it would be ready when my trim arrives tomorrow, so I need to get more paint in order to finish the opposite panel.

I will post pictures of my PC Power and Cooling 750 Watt Quad Silencer tonight when I recieve it!

MY PSU arrived!!!!

The box is a thing a beauty.. simple and sweet...

Look at this thing!

Holy Powerful PSU batman!

Matches the paint... sweet!

Hiding the wires...

And finally, here it is installed... its freaking beautiful, can't wait to power it on.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Yeah, this thing does have a ton of cables. I especially like the abundance of SATA connectors (6), as well as the 4 pci-e plugs, 2 six pins and 2 eight pins for pci-e 2.0 power.

The unit really is very powerfull, the specs show a max load of 825 watts, an 85 percent efficiency (which means it uses most of it's power), and it stays cool and quiet.

As for the paint, yeah, I would have to agree with you there. I am getting my window kit tonight, I have some black gloss trim coming in that I intend to sleeve on there, I need to sleeve one of the floppy power plugs on the PSU itself as well since it will be in plain sight powering the SLI configuration.