Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Part Crysis

Default Re: Part Crysis

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    Solid work there dude.

+rep

Can't wait to see the SLi setup in action
    Thanks man!! I can't wait to see the SLI in action either, I will probably be putting a pair of the newer revision 8800GTS in there (the 65nm one scheduled to come out soon).

I got my trim last night, and the install went OK, it was a little tougher than I had hoped it would be. I got all of my wires sleeved, and they look great. I will get some more pics tonight once I clean all the excess caulking off of the window.

Eh, that was a problem I was hoping no one would notice .

I am going to see if I can salvage this one, if not, I intend to order another from Antec and then cut a new hole in it, because this one is just weak as hell, and kinda bent up. Hopefully I can clean it up, if not, I will be replacing it. Luckily, I can still finish the rest of the PC without a side panel

I have some updates, a LOT actually. A lot of stuff came in so I got some work done.

First I decided to clean up the window.

I think it looks a lot better now, I bought 5 feet of trim, and it was all wavy and looked like crap, this fixes that problem for sure. It also removed all of the bends and dents. Here is a before and after pic for comparison:

Before:

After:

Next I sleeved the wires in the system, the switch, the SLI power connectors, and the LED lasers. Here are some pics of that:

And of course I had to wire up the switches:

I grabbed a bottle of Fluid XP Phantom Black, my favorite brand of coolant, but I still want to try out Dangerdens PC Chill.

And finally here is the front panel, I haven't applied the carbon fiber, so this is NOT the final look. But what you do see here is the finished layout and shape.

I ordered a Sound Blaster Xfi Fatal1ty Pro edition, so I can't wait to get that and take a look at it.

I'll update the thread when the carbon fiber and sound card arrive!

Teh Carbon Fiber vinyl came in today. I got it from rally graphics. Really good price and speedy shipping.

Here is a picture of the vinyl itself, really nice stuff, should look great!

Does nobody care about Part Crysis anymore?

WELL START CARING... because I present to you...

Some carbon fiber crap.

Check it.

I think it turned out pretty good... what do you think?

Hah, that front was NOT going to be put into the mod looking like that. Those pics were mockups of what was going to come up, then the pics of it all scratched up were me sanding it so the vinyl would stick well. I had intended to put CF on it all along!

My Xfi came in today. Here are some pics for your pleasure.

Honestly, I hate this guy (Fatal1ty). I have a friend who met him and said he was a spawn camping jerk at E3, he was rude, and as far as I can tell, he seems like a punk kid who plays too many video games, and people act like if you use his hardware you will be a better gamer. Regardless, I bought "his" card.

I mean... it IS a nice card. Its a nice black color with gold accents, and the sound quality cannot be beat in this price point. The fact that I only payed 60 bucks for it may have had something to do with it's purchase as well...

This is Fatal1tys logo... I can't do much about it... However, I am considering changing out the red LED that throws off my case theme for a blue LED, but I am not sure if that is worth voiding my warranty... I am going to make sure it works well before I mess with it.

The cool thing about this card is that it has 64 megs of onboard RAM, in addition to (correct me if I'm wrong) a 200mhz processor, which is some hardcore tech for a soundcard. What it's for is buffering all the sound files into the card so that it uses up less system ram and less of the PCI bus, which is good in my book. Here is the "XFI Ram Module (X-Ram)"... I think it's just a hunk of plastic and the um... RAM modules to the bottom left of it are the X-RAM, but whatever.

I also ordered a 22" Samsung monitor today... should be here by friday, can't wait to boot up TF2 in High Def!

Yeah, like I said you would think the RAM modules would be the RAM, but leave it to creatives er... creative marketing team to mess up definitions.

The cable for the front plate is that big long connector on the right edge of the card. That plastic hunk just houses the LED and the Fatal1ty logo, I realized this as there are only 4 leads going into it, there are no traces on the board itself.

Yes it does, thank you VERY much jdbnsn!

As for the project, it is temporarily on halt due to funds, but on monday, my 22 inch monitor is arriving so I will be sure to get some pics of Crysis running on that.

I am also immediately blowing my paycheck on a new load of parts, let me lay down what I am getting for you guys.

500GB WD Caviar SATA
    4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2800
    ASUS 20X SATA DVD Burner
    2x OK Gear UV Blue SATA Cables
    Keytronic Classic U2 Keyboard
    G5 Mouse
    Dangerden MC-TDX 775
    Thermochill PA 120.2 Radiator

I am also buying some more paint to finish up the side, as well as some clear coat to make it nice and glossy.

Oh noez! I had to weigh my options, and I got a promotion at work to a Case Manager, so I won't be able to get any work done all next week! Sorry if anyone suffers from withdrawls, I promise you the wait will be worth it.