Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3870 woes

Dude...totally!

Default Re: 3870 woes

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    No I wasn't making stuff up.
    Sry, I meant I would be making stuff up, while shamelessly making bad quotes no body would get, lol. Assuming it's fixable like you said, the only way to figure it out is just poking it randomly until it does what I want. Such as a full reinstall. -_-

Thanks for the link, I'll be looking into it ASAP to get this lame little issue fixed. I keep forgetting and hit full screen just to see a diagonally split gray and white screen.

EDIT: Slaps forehead... That was all to easy. My guess is its a 32-bit Vista 7.12 driver issue, as those seems to be the common factors. Thanks again for the link, my guess is I just missed it while browsing the billion and one sites that come up if the numbers 3870 are anywhere in the search parameters. Problem solved. ^_^

No problem, glad that worked. It's not a permanent solution, but should help you a bit until they have a driver fix, or whatever is the issue.

Ya, I don't know, I usually just get pretty lucky with the right keywords. At least when I am looking for others . When I try to find something crucial for myself it seems to not work out the right way . But thats how it goes I guess hehe

Dude...totally!

What exactly does it change? Does it run smoother with acceleration? Is it filtered?

It's an HD 3870 with a X4 9600 and 4gigs DDR-800, I doubt it really needs any extra acceleration to completely annihilate the software. Besides, the quality of most youtube videos is beyond suck, and its not like I'm watching full length movies.

Though it is nice when everything runs like it should. ^_^

I have no clue. I just said its not a permanent solution as its something you shouldn't have to do, and that it should be able to run hardware accel on its own.

But if it works, it works.

Maybe Hi-def flash video's would have an issue fullscreen via software? Although with your rig I don't see how that would be possible. Hmmm...something for me to look into and learn, difference between software and hardware acceleration and consequences on modern hardware.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Ugh, mine just started really ****ing up when I try to play Crysis. I'm thinking it's the fact that my PSU is 20W under the recommended (450W) so I just ordered a 500W PSU. Yay spending more money.

Dude...totally!

It really doesn't matter so much whats recommended on the box, but what your system actually pulls from the PSU. you could have an 800w and still not get power to your video if you have a million other things plugged in. If it turns into a real issue, you could get one of those "kill-a-watt" things or something like it, though i know little about them myself.

You might just consider that Crysis is extremely demanding, and gets more so in later areas.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

My HDD spins up a few times before it boots up and it takes about 20 seconds for it to finally power on all the way so I'm really thinking it's the PSU. And by the way, I load up Crysis, load the mission, and it crashes after it starts to render everything.