Thread: Build Idea - For Anyone

duct tape can fix anything Tavarin's Avatar

Default Build Idea - For Anyone

So I was playing around in SketchUp and decided to design a computer case when I got bored. Now what I've designed would be a scratch build case, that I highly doubt I have the skill to build. It's not that it would be a particularly hard, just that it involves some serious bending I doubt I could do.

Anyway here are some pictures of the case:

Now I would love to see this built, and will do so myself if no one else wants to. But right now I'm busy with my system build, and I'm moving to an apartment in downtown Toronto in a few months, which will really limit my modding space. So if I do build it, it won't be for a long time.

Anyway, what I was trying to achieve in this design was a case that looked sleek, had intense cooling, and could fit a fair amount of hardware. It's a fairly large size, but not huge, at 52cm X 19cm X 54cm.

I also designed a neat reservoir for it:

It's a good size at 10cm X 6.5cm X 5cm

Anyway http://boxstr.com/files/1527847_d8em3/CaseIdea.skp here is the SketchUp file for it so anyone interested in using this design can get a feel for it, and tweak it as much as they want.

Cheers

Default Re: Build Idea - For Anyone

Thats a hell of as nice design! +Rep
    . .but I think the best person to build it is the one who designed it.

Thanks
    I would love to build this, I just don't have the time or skill to manage it. I think it would best be done by a pro. If I were to attempt this it would be a few years down the line when I've built up enough skill to do it justice.

Sweet, I'm feeling the design man. Really like that curve on the front. I've got my own projects and ideas to work on but I'd like to see you try it youself in a bit. I actually think this could be made from an existing case, just need a bit of a tall one to start with, probabably scrape the front panel and then just cut out a large chunk of the top front of the cage and build in a custom drive cage. My only suggestion to the design would be to add some kind of cool fan grills.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Thanks man.
    I had been planning on putting on some cool fan grills since I started the design, but I hadn't even noticed that I had forgotten them until after I posted. When I get some time I'll make up some and post another pic of the design.