Thread: proposition

ATX Mental Case

Default proposition

I think i might be able to get very cheap access to a cnc machine, and plan to incorporate it into my mods. I was also thinking, i could offer machining for a small fee. It would still be way less expensive then commercial cnc. I was just wondering what kind of interest there would be for this.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: proposition

I think some guys here already do cnc machining for the cost of materials, if you ask nicely that is.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

ATX Mental Case

alright then, i was just putting it out there. Thanks for the response

You say you have it on tape?!?!? vastonecat's Avatar

It is definitely a good idea and just because some guys do it for material cost doesn't mean there isn't room for more people as just shipping can double or triple the cost of an item if you are not close enough to your online friend with a cnc! we should set up a list of who could help out with what kind of fabrication. And have it list locations as well just to help everyone out.

Favorite Quote: " It seemed like a good idea at the time..." your neighbor.

ATX Mental Case

yea. Id only charge what it costs me to use the machine, and if you want me to do the cad drawing. But if you supply everything needed, just what i pay for the machine, which isnt much, but the price is still in talks with the guy. Im in dallas btw

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

What, like a TBCS Fabrication network? Who's got what where and how much it'd cost to get it to you?

Sounds good to me. If somebody does put it together it should be payservices only, because I know occasionally people will offer their services for free (Like Crimson did once iirc).

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

ATX Mental Case

id offer it free of a fee, just cost to use the machine (its not mine, id have to pay for it) and for shipping. Im in the talks with the guy on the price, ill update here when i get more word.