Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Counting

Default Re: Counting

(I didn't produce the VB6 Portable. Considering I have a license, I use it as a utility at school.)

So it has to display all of them? That takes longer then writing a file
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

You seem to be stood on my tail... Helix666's Avatar

hm, I still haven't managed to get an MS Windows binary compiled, but I have been able to get a run time for 100 Million.
    [james@Deamon ProgChall]$ time ./count.bin

real 0m42.290s
    user 0m30.738s
    sys 0m4.768s
    [james@Deamon ProgChall]$
    left an 848MB out.txt file...

EDIT: - ran 8m54.171s for 1,000,000,000
    I'm impressed...

EDIT2: - Finally got a windows binary compiled. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
    Email being sent in the next few minutes.
    Last edited by Helix666; 04-14-2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: did a 1000M run... 2: got win32 bin compiled
    Quote Originally Posted by gntlkilr
    warranties are meant to be voided.
    Turns out, they'll let any idiot with a wrench work on hydraulics.

ok, comp is closing today, any entries not recived by tonight (9PM GMT) will not be counted,

Last chance to get your entries in.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

I'm pondering if I should do it or not... because your 9PM is a lot different for me (6AM)
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Can you send confirmation e-mail to those who sent you stuff? I only ask this because gmail does not like sending binaries, so I sent it in a 7zip archive last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    Can you send confirmation e-mail to those who sent you stuff?...
    that would be a good idea (may for future contests though )

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    ...so I sent it in a 7zip archive last night.
    What I did to send all the files (including *.exe files) is zipping all the files just as you normally would do, and then change the extension to something else. I believe I changed it to*.zap for this competition.
    All the receiving person has to do is changing the extension back to the original.
    I think that would be the most easy way to send *.exe (or other prohibited) files via gmail...

Quote Originally Posted by silverdemon View Post
    What I did to send all the files (including *.exe files) is zipping all the files just as you normally would do, and then change the extension to something else. I believe I changed it to*.zap for this competition.
    All the receiving person has to do is changing the extension back to the original.
    I think that would be the most easy way to send *.exe (or other prohibited) files via gmail...
    Doesn't work with gmail, they actually check the file structure , ran into that problem/figure that out a long time ago. You actually have to send them in a compression format that they (google) can't read.
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Hmm, in that case I would most definately like to know if my mail actually was sent.

When I tried to send an *.exe file I got a message that for safety things... bla bla... could not send message.
    Same thing happened when I zipped the files (*.zip)

but with the extension changed to *.zap I got no message telling me it was not safe or anything...

[edit]: Sent myself an email to confirm what I just said: Message pops up only with *.exe and *.zip. NOT with *.zap.
    Also, when I changed the extension of the received file (at an other email account) back to *.zip it worked as it was supposed to work, I could read the zipped files...
    maybe they had a change in policy?

Quote Originally Posted by silverdemon View Post
    Hmm, in that case I would most definately like to know if my mail actually was sent.

When I tried to send an *.exe file I got a message that for safety things... bla bla... could not send message.
    Same thing happened when I zipped the files (*.zip)

but with the extension changed to *.zap I got no message telling me it was not safe or anything...

[edit]: Sent myself an email to confirm what I just said: Message pops up only with *.exe and *.zip. NOT with *.zap.
    Also, when I changed the extension of the received file (at an other email account) back to *.zip it worked as it was supposed to work, I could read the zipped files...
    maybe they had a change in policy?
    Good find, its hard to believe Google would change from a superior screening process to a "stupider" one.

You seem to be stood on my tail... Helix666's Avatar

OK, I don't know if you managed to get my submission before my server fell over... I'll email them in an archive if you haven't got them, just let me know.
    :|
    Quote Originally Posted by gntlkilr
    warranties are meant to be voided.
    Turns out, they'll let any idiot with a wrench work on hydraulics.