Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Newegg sell computer switches?

Default Does Newegg sell computer switches?

My mom being the parented type only trusts newegg, sine we've used them as service for a long time now. I've looked high and low on newegg and cannot find switches of any type.

And by switches I mean on/off, toggle, momentary, etc. I'm trying to do a simple mod and relocate the power switches on my current one, and I want several, say 3 on/off switches (like you see people flip in airplanes. ) and then a button you press down to actually start it. (Wire it so all 3 have to be pressed, etc)

Anyone know where to find them on newegg/what to search for if it's even there?

And sorry if it's in the wrong place, not sure where the hell it goes. It's not GD, but it's not particually specific, but it is technology. Kinda. Whatever.
    'Sup guys? I do stuff. (Not really)
    Increase Population!, Increase industry!

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Default Re: Does Newegg sell computer switches?

Nah, Newegg doesn't sell parts like that. But I'm sure your mom could trust Radio Shack, if not just go to one.

-CollinstheClown

Hahah, I doubt radioshack around my parts sells switches, all they sell is frigging toys and cellphones. Effing sellouts. *Shakes fists*

My local Home Depot has a variety of switches in their electrical section- toggle, momentary, etc.

What size are they, I've never seen switches pratical for computers, they are all heavy gauge wire for light switches, etc.

If all else fails, I agree with the checking out Radio Shack. They do carry a lot of switches, and I haven't been to one that doesn't.

They aren't going to be out in the open, but usually tucked back in a corner somewhere they have like tool drawer type looking things, and they should be in there. Near where they keep led's and resistors and such.

As for Home Depot, my HD does have some switches as well, but no where near the selection that RadioShack does. And they are more expensive (Can you do that??? Actually be more expensive then RadioShack lol)

Radioshack may have sold out but they all still have the original stuff like switches and electrical components. Of course now they are all in the back part of the store.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

You can find them on the List of Suppliers page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ned View Post
    What size are they, I've never seen switches pratical for computers, they are all heavy gauge wire for light switches, etc.
    Lord Ned, as well as the large heavy gauge switches you are talking about, there are also smaller ones like this. Where I live, they are only a little bit cheaper at HD than RadioShack, which is surprising since Home Depot manages to sell so many different things. I also have a bunch of small time local electronics stores in my town that sell bulk wire, switches, molex connectors, etc. See if there are some of these kinds of stores in your area. Or if you have a thrift store in your area, these places are usually packed with goodies for anyone willing to salvage them.

Radioshack should carry:
    Your classic safety switch:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family
    Also tons of momentary switches you can use as power/reset buttons like this one:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

If you can't find anything at Radioshack go to an automotive or boating store such as autozone or West Marine. Either should carry a variety of switches, some are modular with special holders you could build in the case to fit a variety of different switches. Also some cool waterproof ones in the boating stores.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy