Thread: .Net Framework 1.1

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default .Net Framework 1.1

Anybody know anything out there for Ubuntu that can run applications designed to run with the .Net Framework? Both my Scheduling program and Weekly report programs require this to run. I would like to try using Ubuntu more often and if I had a way to run those programs it would give me more reason to be running my install of Ubuntu. thanks in advance.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

You say you have it on tape?!?!? vastonecat's Avatar

Default Re: .Net Framework 1.1

heh ...I would like to figure out what I can do with it, so far I have played Mahjong and used firefox to surf the web. Maybe Ill start a thread on that subject... sorry I'm not much help here though.

Favorite Quote: " It seemed like a good idea at the time..." your neighbor.

I like that the office software is compatible with the Windows products. I can build a spreadsheet in Ubuntu and then take it to work and edit it there.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

You say you have it on tape?!?!? vastonecat's Avatar

Ok that is definitely a winning point to ubuntu.

Favorite Quote: " It seemed like a good idea at the time..." your neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    Anybody know anything out there for Ubuntu that can run applications designed to run with the .Net Framework? Both my Scheduling program and Weekly report programs require this to run. I would like to try using Ubuntu more often and if I had a way to run those programs it would give me more reason to be running my install of Ubuntu. thanks in advance.
    What kind of scheduling program are we talking about. Is it something that schedules programs on the computer to run at a certain time? If so you should use the cron for that. If you are talking about a life planning/management application, I'm sure there are open source alternatives that run natively on Linux (Sunbird maybe? I don't use calenders or daily planners so I'm not very qualified to answer it.), otherwise Wine is your first choice for running Windows binaries in Linux. There is also Mono, and a few other similar projects that implement the .NET framework for Unix-like environments.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

This is a program for work scheduling. Everything is stored on a central computer owned by the company who puts together out sales numbers. Basically right now if I edit the employee schedule here at home then save it it sends it to the central computer. Then I can pull it back up at the store with all the changes I made. Plus my Co-Manager can pull it up at home, my DM can check it to see whats been scheduled in the store. It really helps when multiple people can see the changes as soon as they are done and saved to the main computer.

What I'm looking for is the program (called "Labor Scheduler") requires the .Net Framework 1.1 to run. I was looking for some thing that can allow the program to run in Ubuntu just like it was running in Windows XP.

Ok, then You'll want to run that with Wine, and either have the mono libraries installed or install the Microsoft .net binaries though Wine.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol