Thread: F/OSS books?

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Default F/OSS books?

Hey guys. I need to do a persuasive speech for public speaking and i need a bunch of sources... non-internet sources. I would like to do my persuasive speech on why people should switch to F/OSS instead of using proprietary software but im not sure how many good sources of information ill be able to find. Does anyone know of any good books that deal with free open source software? I'm just in sort of an exploratory stage right now. I know that the F/OSS community spawned from the internet and as such much of the information is on the net, so i'm just testing the waters to see if i will be able to find enough information (that is acceptable to my teacher)to do this.

Thanks for any and all help guys. : )
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Default Re: F/OSS books?

I don't know of any books, but if your school has a library database setup you can look in there. Most libraries now are connected to ones like EBSCO and InfoTRAC, and you should be able to find some peer reviewed articles and such through those.

Yeah i might do some more lookin in our databases. I found two books or something earlier today in our catalogue. I got a couple of hits in our databases to but i didn't look to see what they were yet. As long as i can manage to cram in at least the minimum number of required scholarly sources everything else is fair-game and i can use the internet. I would type more but my laptop top is going horrible slow. Thanks for the reply.

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/
    Every issue is available for download in the issues section.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

sweet! Thanks. Sorry i didn't respond sooner. Haven't been around much lately.