Thread: Fan Ports stopped working

duct tape can fix anything Tavarin's Avatar

Default Fan Ports stopped working

I've run into a very interesting problem with my computer. The fan ports for every case fan (not the cpu fan) don't work. They aren't sending any power to the fans.

I just moved my system to a case I built, and during the move noticed that a 16V transistor (or resistor, whichever ones are the cylinders that extend from the mobo) had been broken off by my video card. It was directly in front of the PCI E 1 port on my Asus M2N SLI deluxe mobo. I did jam it back into place but I'm not sure if I managed to make the connections with it. I doubt this is the reason that my fans aren't working, but it could be.

So if anyone knows as to why case fan ports on the M2N SLI deluxe mobo stop functioning please let me know. Right now I'm daisy chaining a bunch of fans from my CPU fan port, and my system is entirely air cooled, so I need the other fans to start working at full power.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Fan Ports stopped working

well I'd brake out the solder and flux to fix that cap.

I'd also cut and add on molex connectors (the HDD/cd rom what ever standard power connector) to all of your existing fans. Yellow is 12v red is 5.5v. so you want a quiet fan rig it to the red wire. a loud normal fan run it on the yellow wire. black is ground.

match red to yellow. black to black and if the fan has three wires the third fan wire is for a rpm sensor just leave it hanging. and use electrical tape.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I would RMA the board and tell them that one day it just fell off. If you try to solder you void the warranty.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

duct tape can fix anything Tavarin's Avatar

I'll go with Oz on the board situation, I spent too much on it to void a warranty.

And thanks twigs, I was thinking of buying converters, but your solution would actually be easier for me.

Thanks for that, I hope I can get this thing back up to it's former glory.