Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EarthQuake!!

Is awesome

Default Re: EarthQuake!!

I am only posting this because for a split second I though it was addressing me with an "earth" before my name.

Oh, never felt an earthquake in colorado. They probably happen sometimes but are probably small enough to not be felt.
    You love my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    I am only posting this because for a split second I though it was addressing me with an "earth" before my name.

Oh, never felt an earthquake in colorado. They probably happen sometimes but are probably small enough to not be felt.
    I was born and raised in Colorado and never felt one there either. Now I do have a scary story about a tornado... In Westminster of all places...

Oh and if you want I think I could arrange to have your name changed to EarthQuakken... LOL!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Here is a no ****ter;

When I married my SO there was an earthquake when we moved into our first Apt. Then when we moved to Huntington Beach. Then another when we moved into a temporary Hotel. Then again when we moved into our first house in San Jose. Another when we moved into a rental house in Scotts Valley and finally there was one 2 days after we moved into our current house. Our friends and family asked us to stay put.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Oh and if you want I think I could arrange to have your name changed to EarthQuakken... LOL!
    Then I would be one of those "earth" people. Who wants that?

The tornadoes, although uncommon, are pretty much the worst natural disaster that really happens here. Doesn't flood much (my house is on a hill anyway). Hurricanes are out of the question. Not a huge earthquake chance. No volcanoes...

The only thing I really worry about is the constant threat of UFO/Nuclear annihilation. The UFO's would come here because of all of the centered-ness of the continent (think about it- where should our leaders be? At the center of the continent.) and the nuclear warhead thing because of NORAD being close enough.
    You love my sig.

I heard reports that it was felt here in Akron, OH as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...he-midwest/?hp

Turns out that the midwest is actually quite earthquake prone. So I'm not too surprised.

Glad to hear you're ok TGS.
    Yeah, I forgot about that until my dad reminded me of it. But its still unusual to get anything this powerful from it. If the fault were to produce a "big quake" there would be some issues in Chicago for sure, none of the buildings that I know of were designed to handle earthquakes.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    Glad to hear you're ok TGS.
    I'm just happy my Computer's are
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

My only question would be how are they occurring there?

When the tectonic plates are here?

Is the earth breaking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Eclecticos View Post
    My only question would be how are they occurring there?

When the tectonic plates are here?

Is the earth breaking up?
    essentially yes, or it started to at one point. Its called the New Madrid Fault Line, http://www.showme.net/~fkeller/quake/

Only this fault is buried under millions of years of dirt. Its a split deep underground that didn't completely crack the tectonic plate.

im in the uk, and were right in the middle of a plate, and we had an earthquake a while ago (5.something) and one in the 70's that was over 5, between now than then we have had a few minor ones that most people didn't even feel.

You might not be on a fault line, but when a plate moves, the shock can be transfured through the entire plate and appear anywhere it feels like,

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!