Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Case Idea...

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Custom Case Idea...

I did some calculations to find the dimensions of the C4 bomb in CS (using the terrorist's pinky fingernail as a refrence of 1cm).

In CS, the bomb is about 6.7cm(3") tall (JUST the c4. that is, minus the keypad / LCD screen on top), 12.5cm(6") wide, and 23cm(9") long. Since it's not very practical to try and pull it off in such a small volume, I doubled these measurements to get something to work off of.

Goal for dimensions: 13.4cm(6") tall, 25cm(12") wide, and 46cm(18") long. I went looking on Newegg hoping to get lucky and find a MicroATX case with something similar to these dimensions, but they all seem to run too long or short in one dimension. This, however, could be solved by constructing an addition to one end of the case (lengthwise would probably be easiest).

I'm going to go see what I can come up with for a mock-up. If any of you guys know of a case (plain would be best) that would come pretty close to these dimensions, please let me know!

ATX Mental Case

Rankenphile

Awesome, man. What a cool opportunity to incorporate an external LCD monitor - you should totally tuck in one of the old PS1 LCDs in that area above the buttons.

Out of curiosity, what is the component you have there, with the IDE cable sticking out? Is it a functional part of the conputer, or just decoration?

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    Awesome, man. What a cool opportunity to incorporate an external LCD monitor - you should totally tuck in one of the old PS1 LCDs in that area above the buttons.

Out of curiosity, what is the component you have there, with the IDE cable sticking out? Is it a functional part of the conputer, or just decoration?
    "PS1 LCD"?? Do you mean one of those, like, travel LCDs that you would attach to your PS1?

I ripped those circuit boards out of an old car tape deck. I doubt that they'll end up being a part of the computer. And just to let you know, that's an IDE cable + a half of another IDE cable, to get the right proportion.

Fresh Paint

looking sweet better hope that thing wont explode

Rankenphile

THe PS1 LCD is the same as is used in CrimsonSky's Doom3 Mod, I believe. They have taken on a new popularity with modders, as they are fairly cheap and easy to find.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    THe PS1 LCD is the same as is used in CrimsonSky's Doom3 Mod, I believe. They have taken on a new popularity with modders, as they are fairly cheap and easy to find.
    Actually, CrimsonSky used an XLK-5002T 6.5" Analog Color TFT LCD Kit (image)

Rankenphile

Lol... well, I know SOMEONE used a PS1 kit. I just thought it was Sky.

...now I wonder who it was that used one. Was it Defyant?