Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preview: WD VelociRaptor

Default Re: Preview: WD VelociRaptor

Just a heads up, these are now available at Newegg, I have one on it's way, hopefully it'll get here by this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

ATX Mental Case

Sweet! Tell us how it does.
    E2180 (2.0ghz) | 2GB DDR2 800 Tracers | 8600GT 256mb | XFX 610i nForce mobo | Lanbox Lite
    Intel Atom 230 - 1.6ghz | 2GB DDR2-667 | 945GCLF Mini-ITX | Apex MI-100 case

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

And how hot it gets

It arrived today (darn UPS being slow). Will test tomorrow night. It's thicker than I had thought, it's even thicker than the old thicker 2.5" drives (in circa 1998 laptops). No way am I going to fit it in my vostro 1400, not that it was going in there anyways.
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Noise wise, with the side panel off of my case I can just barely hear the velociraptor, so it's not that loud, I'll switch my 6600GT with my passively cooled Radeon 9600 should be easier to distinguish between sounds that way. Heat wise, I transferred five DVD ISOs from my main hard drive (5400RPM ) and it only got up to 25C, while my main disk got up to 44C (a little too high for my liking) ambient is ~19.5C. So that's not bad, and that's with no fan or moving air across it.