Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Project: Blue-Hellfire

Default Re: Project: Blue-Hellfire

yea... wont ever be complete till i hold the ceremony and sacrifice the live chicken tho.
    =o)~
    funny but i think i would have a problem from the wifey if i ever did that lol.
    hope maplins does the refund quick so i can get the mobo cpu and start laying out wiring soon.
    thanks for watching

ur painting skills r godly... could i employ you somehow? im not rich.. but god damn man... u have done with your case what ive only dreamed of! ive had an idea of doing something like that for a long time... but i lack a airbrush... and the skills heh
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

to be honest i dont consider myself really any good with an airbrush bud. what i have created here is very basic airbrush 101 with the use of stencils. on a scale of 1-10 in difficulty i only rate this as about a 2. just make a stencil ( mine were jacked off the net) cut em out and fog around them with an airbrush, add in shadows and this is what you get.
    my airbrush only ran Ł21 off e bay so its not like it cost a fortune to pick one up.and if you get your own you have the opportunity to practice and get better as you do more things.
    ty much for the compliments tho. thanks for watching.

think im echoing what others have said, but it does look sweet as, paintwork is wicked and I personally agree with your bias on the ram cooler, looks better trimmed

Oh, and love the work on the keyboard, wish I had the guts to rip components like that to bits, lol.

wifey wishes i was a bit more reserved with the way i "rip things to bits" but i figure , eh i might as well make then the way I want them instead of the way someone else made them to please the masses. =o)
    she worries about things like warranties n blah blah.. i figure if it works it was meant to be. if not then there is another bit i have to mod till i find one that works hehe.

I really like the airbrushed skulls! +rep

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Nice skulls, +rep. It might just be simple air-brush techniques, but to someone who hasn't done any air-brushing, it looks really impressive (also, I hope that HDD's gonna be visible)

Ty for the great feedback guys and yes the HD should be atleast partially visible in the finished product.
    for now i seem to have a bit of a sneaky wife.
    she goes from tellin me we have to wait for maplins to sort a refund to get the new kit then turns around and orders it behind my back just to suprise me. hmmmph
    i would try to make it seem like i was upset but ummmm i just cant do it.
    so this is what showed up today.

looks like it is time to do some fitting and clearance checking.
    first in is the CPU cooler.

damn its still huge lol

next up the ram. these sticks threw me a bit cause they arer shorties compared to what i am used to working with.

they fit the board so they must be ok lol
    heres the partially assembled board

atleast the CPU cooler isnt overkill or anything lol

then to fit the mobo into the case....

hmmm bit of a clearance issue with the PSU
    twiddles thumbs...all i needed was about 2mm to make the mobo fit.
    sooo i grabbed 2 square washers and spaced the lower portion of the PSU off a touch.

that created enough tilt for the board to fit where it should and have 2 frogs hairs clearance before touching the PSU =o)~
    now to throw in the stock memory cooler

easy enough to put in and theres a full 2mm between it and the CPU cooler.
    o.O
    i would love to tell ya all went well and the rest was simply plug it in and test all the lighting and fans since we are still waiting for sata cables to get this one done ( should be here tomorrow) but alsa.. plugged the beast in and hit the switch and it laughed at me....effin thing.. checked the wall sockets (fine) swapped the kettle lead for the psu even tho it was new ( no difference) mumble grumble popped off the PSU connector and hot wired it to make sure it works, hmm yep fired up with no probs and all lights came on.
    everything was pointing to a bad mobo problem. pulled off the leads one by one and refit them just in case i had a bad contact with one. when i got to the stupid power on off switch one and re seated it the thing came to life. stupid damned connection thingy!! lol

in the end i popped the covers back on and let it sit idle for a bit to kinda run the hdwe in a touch and also to grab a few shots for here.
    this is what we ended up with

even better when the lights are off

both coolers are pretty sweet

by the weekend this one will be complete, then i am down to one to finish and no excuses not to push on and have some fun.

cya in a few days with another update.
    ty to all who have stayed tuned and stayed interested so far. your feedback is much appreciated.

was looking for a place to mount my on off switch for my lighting that was out of the way.

i think i found it

see if i mount it on the top of the turbine intake then ya cant see it unless you know where to look =o)
    grabbed my dremel with a drill bit and decided to drill from the insode

camera buggered up on me when i took the final pic of it so i will do a redo this evening when i get home.
    heres a crappy pic of the placement for now lol

i clipped the switch in place and this will be followed by 5 min epoxy for the final build...whew this one has been goin on so long its hard to believe i can see a finish line coming up heh
    tis fine by me tho.. wifey is quite happy with her rig and i have another project on the horizon so i dont imagine i will be away from the forums much when hellfire is done.
    tonight i am hoping to do a bit more work on the paint for hellfire and finish off wifeys rig. hopefully see you tomorrow with a bit more of an update and a better pic to replace the last one
    =o)

Great idea for stealthing the switch +rep. Wife system looks awesome, can't wait to see how hellfire lookswhen you're done.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field