Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Blue-Hellfire

Default Re: Project: Blue-Hellfire

I dont know whay everyone always has so much trouble finding mesh!!
    I dont think its all that easily available in the states but in the uk just get down you local builders merchants and get a sheet of expanded metal, wont be more than a couple of pounds for a 8'x2' sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

wont be more than a couple of pounds for a 8'x2' sheet
    free=better =o)

just ordered up 4 of these LiteON DH-20A1S-18C Black 20x DVD±R, 8x DVD±DL, DVD+RW x8 / -RW x 6, DVD-RAM x12, SATA Black

2 for my rig and 2 for wifeys
    i already plan to stealth them in the front panel of mine and relocate the open/close button
    will have to see what i can do about the chassis of them tho.. they are a bit ugly n nekkid

quick update...did some work this week on the induction fan for the front turbine unit. (pics will follow for the weekend update.
    a mojority of this mod will be painted deep candy blue but i need to come up with a color for the interior chassis parts.
    right now i am leaning towards high gloss black as it wont detract from my blue lighting i have planned for it.
    i also have the option for white but i think that will end up being too "in your face" when everything else is added.
    any other ideas or thoughts?
    dont really want to have it same color as outside of the case cause i dont want to lose the work i do in there in a mass of blue.
    thanks for any input =o)

Hi everyone, been a fairly busy week here in non mod life so i will go through what i have done so far in the spare time i have had.
    first off my wife snuck in a gift this week for me

they will go well with the theme of the mod once its completed
    up close and personal this is how they look

did some lookin around here and there to find a way to make a turbine fan nose cone.
    in and out of every hobby shop in and around London and no one had anything usable for what i wanted it to look like.so it was time to think outside the box and see what could be subbed in to do the job on it and make it look right.
    decided i would hit B&Q(home depot in the states)and see if i could find something ,,,,,anything with a cone shape on it.up and down every aisle, even checked out every type of cap to damn near every product they had just lookin for the right shape. was no good =o/
    so me and wifey stop at woolworths cause we need a few small things out of there for the home.
    low and behold wifey actually found something to work.
    Silly putty!!! well not the actual putty, but the egg shaped container its sold in =o)

so i took the upper half and stripped the stickers off of it.

once i had it sanded lightly and ready to go on i grabbed the super glue.
    i centered the half of the egg on the fan hub and taked it on with the super glue.
    after 3 or 4 times popping it off then putting it back on so i make sure its centered i finally got it where i wanted it.
    so i hit it with some primer and this is what it looks like now.

remember the optical / hdd cage

well it needs to go on a diet so out comes the jigsaw for the rough cuts.

after a few decisive cuts i am left with this

this leaves me the bit at the top for the opticals and then the small support bit at the bottom for the turbine fan support.

thats where i am gonna leave things off this atm. i have alot more planned for this week all pending on available time.
    remember everything so far in this mod has been the "rough draft" the refinement is yet to come once i get the layout close to where i want it.every edge still has to be filed or sanded,and every piece primed and painted.
    still waiting on opinions for interior color choice.
    i am leaning towards high gloss black at the min bit cant commit yet .
    cya in a few days =o)

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

free mesh *drools* my cuz owns a car auto wreckers so i may be able to get tones and tones of them sweet y didnt i think of that ty +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

just a small update today.
    kinda screwed up my lower back over the weekend so its makin it a bit hard to get any modding done at the min.
    but this is where things are sitting so far.
    start with a pic of how the nose cone will look when its in the turbine opening

i think it looks pretty good for what it is =o)
    next lil thing i got around to was Blow hole cover V2.0
    i wasn't totally happy with the first one i did as i felt i could do better.
    so once again i grabbed my dremel, this time the canvas was a perspex clip board from staples.
    its a bit thicker than the material i used to make my first fan grill so i already thought it was an improvement.
    first thing i did was cut a hole in the clipboard the size of the opening i wanted.

this is the point where i am gonna get bashed,kicked, clubbed and beaten.............
    i started with an idea in which i wasn't sure if it would work out or not so i just dug into it.
    i didn't take pics of the actual process because you all know how to do the simple stuff like drilling and shaping things with the dremel and assorted bits.
    all i can say is that i started with this basic shape

then i fashioned a lower jaw bone as well and cut both pieces out of the same clip board,
    once i had the rough pieces cut out i drilled and ground out the eye and nose sockets so it was similar to my other blow hole cover.
    heres where i did something a bit different.
    1st my wife let me borrow one of the steel muffin tins from the kitchen.
    2nd i grabbed my small propane torch.
    mixed the 2 together with a bit of imagination and a touch of clear 5 minute epoxy to join things together afterwards and i ended up with this.

i now have a 3D version of my skull for my blow hole cover. i used the torch to heat and melt the rounded edges of the skull around the shape of the muffin tin to give it a bit of depth.
    next i hit it with a coat of primer as i will plain this unit with high gloss black shortly.

once i have it painted i have an idea of something i want to try out which i think will work good on that part in particular.
    more on that once i figure out exactly how i wanna do it.
    one nice thing this week tho is my opticals came in

so of course i had to start dismantling them hehe

who knew there were so many parts in these damn things? lol
    eh they will more than likely end up getting a paint makeover and a full stealth before they go in the case
    anyhow i will cya this weekend with something more hopefully

wow i thought that fan grill looked **** till you painted it omg thats cool now aslo bad luck about the back my dad always has a crook back(im 14) lol good work

also what did u want those bottles for i dont know where u could get them but i would like to know.... ttyl
    you tease!

pain meds kickin in atm...what bottles bud?

lol oops different mod
    told u im retarded good pain killers help

ttyl
    you tease!