Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Blue-Hellfire

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Blue-Hellfire

Nice work. I like the plexi skull fan grill.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

ty,
    havent decided if i am gonna stay with version 2.0 yet or do another revision. i have a few diff ideas i will try out (with pics this time) and see what turns up.

sorry for the lack of an update this week guys,
    lower back is really giving me a problem atm. doc's given me some decent drugs so once they kick in i hope to be able to sit upright and actually do a bit of modding soon.
    cya as soon as i can =o)

Thats perfectly understandable. I did some exercise incorrectly and my arms feel like there about to drop off. Anyway, I hope to see more of this project when you have recovered.

yay:clap::clap: i can move again!!!
    well at least somewhat, enough to get a bit of modding done.
    in the end i decided to stay with that version of the blow hole cover. i am going to try some different things with it to see the effects i end up with and hopefully come up with something i am happy with.
    this past week was a slow one for modding my machine as wifey wanted to see some progress with her own so she didnt feel left out.
    so this is what i been doing this past week.
    remember me and wifey have the same case we started with
    hers we did basic mods to, store bought side window for the sharkoon rebel 9 ran us a whole £10 and i deem that cheap enough to justify not cutting the whole myself lol.

stock pic courtesy of the sharkoon website.
    we didn't like the stock plexi that came with it cause it came with mounts for 2 120 mm fans built into it.
    pulled that out of the frame, filled the holes with some bondo and smoothed things out.
    primed it all up and went to halfords for her to pick out some colors.
    she wanted a dolphin/water theme so various blues came home with us.
    she went to work on her new side panel piece of plexi
    she is engraving for her first time so i will ler her do her thing while i do the paint thing.
    popped off the front covers fron the dvd drives and also the front faceplate from her fan controller ( they do have to match or i get my but kicked)
    i wish i had some pics of the process up to now but to be honest my back still wasn't up to par and she left the new cam up in the bedroom most of the week and i just wasnt up to hitting those stairs back and forth for the cam so i just got on with it.
    did a basic fade for the undercoat of the case including the drive covers and fan controller cover.
    then grabbed the squirt bottle.
    filled er up with some water and set the case one its side.
    spritzed the side of the case till i thought the water drops were big enough for the effect she wanted.

then grabbed an aerosol can of gloss black and lightly misted the entire panel.
    note to self....when watching commandos vids on painting make sure to have the sound on and also watch them to the end.
    see part of my prob is i am a MAN
    i see an example of how to do something and figure,,,eh i got this.
    since i am said MAN i cant be like a normal person and actually get the information i need first time through and then go try on my own.
    i say that for one reason
    i almost had to strip the whole damn case down and respray it like a moron.
    i misted the panel and left it sit on its side for about 35 mins.
    all the while it was sitting there i am thinking hmmmmm.. that don't look quite right.
    so figuring i was screwed anyhow i went into the house and came out with some paper towels.
    started dabbing off some of the excess water that was left on the panel.
    ugh this looked like crap, so wifey came over and grabbed the paper towels and decided since the paint was screwed anyhow she would scrub it a bit and see what happened.
    tis there where the bit of luck came in.
    when she rubbed it wasn't perfect but it did pull up a good bit of the paint that was inside the bubbles themselves and that made it look the way she wanted it to in the beginning.
    little more rubbing with the paper towel and first side was deemed done.

i continued this on the rest of the faces of the PC
    top first

then other side panel

one at a time, the only difference being, after misting i only had to wait about 10 mins for the gloss black to flash dry before i grabbed a paper towel and dabbed off the excess.
    all in all it turned out pretty good looking.
    i also did the face plates for the drives n fan controller

once everything was "bubbled" i pulled out the clear coat and layed out 6-7 decent coats of it.
    now the pc is mock up assembled and waiting for the clear to cure enough for the color sanding and polishing.
    which leaves us here..

thats it for this week guys.. i have done some small bits on my own rig but i felt it more important to keep being able to sleep in the bed as opposed to the shed by putting her PC up here =o)
    cya soon

Looks great M8. I really like that effect, is that a pearlescent underneath?

Clear coat the crap out of it if it is, it will make it look really deep (like those oldie cars with the heavy metal-flecked paint).
    If I wasn't so fast, I guess I would get caught a lot more.

"the"
    Harrison Ford, as Han Solo, Star Wars.

nah its more of a metallic i think she picked up a ford color called paris bluefor the one with the most metallic in it . no worries tho. its got 6-7 coats of clear on it now.. i will rub that out in 2 weeks or so and see how deep it is.. if need be i will rip more on later

This is realy coming together love the skull great use for an old air filter sweeeeeeeet like the bubbles too +rep +subscribe
    Last edited by daft-parrot; 06-08-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the buules

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

That gives you a really cool finish. I may try a few colour combinations of a few pieces of scrap I have laying around. Purple on white??? Hello next mod.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Purple on white??? Hello next mod.
    it will look good providing you use the right shade of purple..
    purple bubbles would be cool.but.would ya start with a white base or purple?