Thread: Kayne & Lynch

Default Kayne & Lynch

Anybody here tried it? I have a copy but it seems there is a major issue using usb keyboards and I don't have a substitute. So....I have a pretty box to look at and was wondering if anyone here had played it so I could live vicariously through your experiences.

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Kayne & Lynch

I was looking at it on Steam and it got a 60-something for a score so it couldn't have been that great. Have you tried a USB to PS2 adapter for your keyboard? That might could fix it. And issues with USB keyboards, eh? They're becoming the new standard, lol. That'll kill their sales.

yeah, my keyboard is bluetooth so the adapters don't work. Grrrr...
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

That sucks... why not pick up a $20 one and use it as a spare once you're done with K&L?

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I heard Kane and Lynch was rubbish. It is what spawned the whole Jeff Gerstmann gamespot incident. It got pretty mediorce reviews and a friend bought it for 360 but he took it back. http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3152468

While it does have a awesome plot and pacing the in game aiming will frustrate you no end.
    Need a sig

Yeah, I didn't hear that it was that good. I heard the storyline, character development, and pacing is amazing, however the controls aren't so good.

I played a demo of it on the PS3, and it seems like they stuck to the Hitman series control scheme (their previous series), which was great in that game, but in a game like Kane and Lynch where large scale shootouts are common, it doesn't work very well.

However, Its not bad by any means and I enjoyed it a good bit.