Thread: Moar Photography

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

Default Moar Photography

2 basically completed panoramas from my yr 12 visual arts major work. Comments? Critique? Thanks in advance

Click on the smaller images in this post to view them full size, they'll look much better.

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

Default Re: Moar Photography

I will be the first to say they look amazing! +Rep
    I am curious . .what did you name them?

I LOVE them, actually cannot decide which I love more. Great effects, great compositions, I love the lighting and I can't really tell what you did on the second one but the lines don't match up with the different lit areas but what ever you call it I think it adds alot to the picture. I think I'd say I like the first one just a little better because I like the dark, expansive setting more than indoors. And that girl on the far left hiding in the shadows looks creepy.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Is awesome

What did you do to the second one? It looks sweet, never seen that done before.
    You love my sig.

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eclecticos View Post
    I will be the first to say they look amazing! +Rep
    I am curious . .what did you name them?
    Thanks I haven't actually named them yet... There's a few more panoramas in the entire artwork which I haven't done yet, so I guess I'll name them once I'm finished. I seriously have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    What did you do to the second one? It looks sweet, never seen that done before.
    Thanks, it's a Photoshop filter called displacement, which is normally used for something entirely different (google it!). But with experimentation, like a lot of things in photoshop, you can get entirely different, trippy effects, which is basically what I did here.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    .. but the lines don't match up with the different lit areas but what ever you call it I think it adds alot to the picture.
    Hehe glad you think so. I originally planned on making them all match up but then I thought maybe it would make it more interesting to leave it that way. Good to know there's someone who backs me up!

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.