Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Case Idea...

ATX Mental Case

Default Custom Case Idea...

I've really been wanting to do my own custom case, but I'm not sure what exactly I want to do. I need a theme, basically.

I thought about perhaps doing a Matrix mod, or something with CounterStrike, but I can't really think of anything that's really "defining" about them that I could incorporate into a case.

If anyones got any ideas or things they'd like to see, throw 'em my way. I just need to brainstorm...

Rankenphile

Default Re: Custom Case Idea...

Depends on how custom you want to get. You could always do the infamous "Headshot" graphic as a window cut for a CounterStrike mod that isn't too in-depth. Might be a good starting point.

ATX Mental Case

By "case mod" I mean "full case mod", as in, stripping a case down building onto it. Example

Rankenphile

Ah. In that case, why not rebuild your box to look like the time bomb that the terrorists plant. Add a touch-screen to activate it, make it look beat up and rigged together like a CS terrorist bomb.

Just an idea.

ATX Mental Case

I was actually thinking about incorporating the C4... Just not sure exactly what I'd do... I'll make some sketches tomorrow.

ATX Mental Case

Alright, I'm anxious to get some ideas so I just did a quick sketch (although its nearly 3AM and I need to be up at 6... )

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ketchsm6va.jpg

One of my rough ideas is perhaps embedding an LCD monitor into the case itself. A problem that that creates, though, is a large heatsource smack dab in the case. I'm just throwing out ideas, though, so whatev. Also, I could mount the cd drives in the case so the trays would come out of the side (the side being where most case windows are.) I could do some of that cool yellow / black hazard striping and put a "timer" on the case (which would be a clock). If I put a keypad on (which I probably would, seeing as it's one of the main features of the C4), I'm not really sure what it's function would be. Perhaps toggling fans? Maybe the power and reset buttons? Maybe they could be programmable keys for desktop shortcuts (like on those bulky keyboards with 2365236923 bajillion keys )

Any ideas or suggestions? Please tell me!

here's a good pic of the bomb in CS: source, hope this helps you

http://www.velocitygames.co.uk/uploads/css_2.jpg

oh i just noticed there's a ZERO missing at the end om the number compination on the bomb

Rankenphile

Doing something like this would be really cool. One thing you might want to consider is housing the reservoir on the exterior of the computer and filling it with a green cooling fliud, similar to the Storm'D mod, or disguising it to look like a stick of dynamite or C4. The buttons on the exterior could be programmed to turn the machine on and off, reset, open stealthed drives, turn lights on and off and change/activate fans throughout the box. I would use a mini-atx mobo for this, to give you a smaller overall shape, as the bomb itself is rather small.

Your overall sketch is looking pretty good. I would continue on that line. This idea could work out to be pretty cool. The IDE cable is a cinch, and how many other mods get to use duct tape as part of their design to make it look better?

Keep it coming, I'm getting pretty interested in this one.

ATX Mental Case

Thanks, snefan. I was thinking about the case today, and I thought maybe I could start with a Fragbox from Falcon Northwest:

Water Cooled

why not pay half as much for the same base chassis here
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811163050
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown