Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: [Warlock] A Resurrection.

Default Project: [Warlock] A Resurrection.

Yes Warlock.... you all Know I put Obsidian on hold for this one.
    A short history of this project as I had posted it in Obsidans thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheron
    Warlock has been playing HTPC since I started on Obsidian. it was sitting next to the T.V. I was hoping some one would recognize it. I posted somethings on that mod way back under a different name, back then it was named Vision(and I never really completed it). also my name was different I cant recall what it was.

Originally Vision was a 3200+ AMD Athlon with 1 gig ram and sli'ed NV6800GT's all water cooled. But vision slowly evolved in some thing less when my MSI neo4 diamond Mainboard fried itself and one of the GFX cards with it. By that time I Played World of Warcraft (thats when it chanced name: Warlock.)so one of the two 6800GT's would do fine. but I brought Warlock Back from the Dead. This time with a simpler Mainboard. and a 4000+ AMD Athlon and now 2 gig's of ram and the one remaining 6800GT. This worked for some time but eventually you stop wow(a clear minded person would I think). And then you find out the world has changed around you. (damn what happened!)

I could not play the new games on highest(or even high for that matter) any more. I needed something nicer a 8800GTX. whooo.... That was a upgrade. but the case itself looked how shall I put it like this --> so that brings us to the (not so) secret (any more) project. Called Warlock's Resurrection. more on this soon.....
    Now That being Said I will introduce you all with the old Warlock. Have a look.

Now you all have seen What it Was. It is time to Pull It apart.
    And we will see what it will Become. So Ill Introduce you to.....

I have taken Warlock Apart. And I cleaned the case. no pictures of this sorry.

But I have the Sketch up screens to show you what I am planning for the core of this mod.

As you can see in the screenshot I haven't really thought about the exterior yet. no window designs, no front designs. but i can tell you what I am thinking right now.
    I want to cover the exterior with black (fake) leather. and inside the case ill be using loads of red velvet like fabric's.to give it a really evil and classy feel.
    For the rad on the top. I want to design a cover, It will look like I have a book placed on the top. This book will also have a evil feel to it.

As we go to the bottom inside the case you will see that I have cleared it. This is done with a reason here Ill build an diorama to present a warlocks work desk. with potions, scrolls, magic dust and a book. this book will house a Western digital Raptor 160gb Hard drive. since the drive is windowed you would like to look into it so I thought up something story like. the book will be opened and on the pages visible you will see some sort of a vision spell. on the second page you will see a "burn" hole and this is also a window so we can see the Hard drive.

The water cooling will be filled with blue uv reactive coolant this is Because I wanted to tribute the Mana Bar for a longtime. so All of you out there who enjoyed your blue Mana, Spellpower and even your Eve bar here is a tribute

now we all know what I am planning lets make an other step.

yours Cheron.

Default Re: [Warlock] A Resurrection.

Update 1

I have cut the half circle for the reservoir and extended the old hole on the top of the case. Since this time the rad will be flush mounted.

here in the picture below. You can see a hole above the motherboard tray this is an old hole from the vision/Warlock days but ill be putting it back to use after seeing this guy's wiring.

with this done I can start fabrication on the mounting plate for the rad. cutting it from hte mis cut piece originaly bought for Obsidian.

I am sorry no pics of the finished product yet. but I have done more. watch the case as you can see I need a mount for the pump. the cat is my friend Jessie.

So back to work for me.

And the pump with its mount.

Now we make a Big leap in time and ill show you some pictures after those we will talk on en joy.

in the last picture you can see that I had to modify the pump to make this possible but it worked out fine as you can see.

now the two days of Leak testing are over. and I am happy to say that there are no leaks. now the core is ready to run, ill be starting to work on the themed parts which will be implemented piece by piece.

yours Cheron.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Wow this looks awesome. /sub for me

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Nice resurrection. The rad looks a lot better than the original.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I hope it can hold up to the temps as well as the old PA 120.3 since the new one is a stealth GT 360.

I am going from 4000+ and 2 sli'ed nv6800gt to 6400+ x2 with one 8800gtx what are your temp guesses???

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

cant be too bad on 1 360 rad, wont be stellar results but still probably cooler than air.

just curious, why did you buy a 8800gtx instead of a newer 9800gtx. If my guess is correct and that is BFG's stock watercooled gtx, you probably couldve gotten the 9800gtx and an EK block for about the same price

You should be fine with that rad mate. Xperiment runs an 8800GTX and a Q6600 (I think) in his Project Reality mod on a 240mm HWLabs Stealth and gets good temps.

Ah but did he get the BFG water cooled 8800GTX? I know when I got my 8800GTX it cost me $800AUD plus $140-150AUD for my Swiftech MCW-60 with all the heatsinks and mounting plate. The BFG one was $1250AUD lol. The 9800GTX doesn't have that major performance gains on the 8800GTX anyway, you can overclock it under water to GTX speeds and still save yourself cash. Today the 8800GTX costs around $500AUD while the 9800GTX is in the high $800's. IMO 8800GTX is better buy.

To be honest with you guys I bought this 8800gtx last February. since then I have run it on air till the time came to install the Danger den water block(<- link) I had for it. since then it has been on a shelf untill now . How could I shelf something like that.

Update 2
    Ok. Small up date. I have done some cable management and its almost ready to run. have a look

That is what it looks like from the side you'll be able see. now have a look how it looks from the other side.

that looks like the panel cant be closed does it. wait and see...

See.... no problem closing the thing. From this moment on it will be slower progress but I hope to mount the hard drive and the new fans(see picture below) in the coming week.

Scythe fans^ 3x 80 mm and a 92mm

O..And I booted it to Bios. After about 20 min in Bios the hardware monitor showed 34c so my temps should be safe. wondering what it will do under load (this was without the extra system fans since they aren't installed yet)

also I wont be installing an O.S. until I know if i stick to xp of go for vista home premium 64bit.

thanks for reading
    yours Cheron.

I thought I'll sneak in some night shots of what it looks like right now. This in a temporary effect, the finished product will include "candles" and "magic" lights. Do you see the Mana flowing through those tubes(read vains). I think you can cast a serious spell with that amount. Enjoy

The white is actually blue in real life.
    let me know what you think so far.

Yours Cheron

Looks cool with the lights on. The res looks great.