Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATI OverDrive, Where is it?

Default Re: ATI OverDrive, Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Roc View Post
    I've submitted a ticket with Diamond Support asking for "The Golden Egg" (so to speak) to make this thing function properly. I also added that i want an RMA exchange or refund if there is nothing they can do to help. I knew i should have bought the 9800GTX and saved some cash in the process....
    From CustomPC, June 2008:

We're not sure how the new 9800GTX card merits its GeForce 9-series status - it looks as if it should be a GeForce 9800GTS at best. With performance so close to that of the 512MB 8800GTS, it would only be worth buying if it were cheaper. Even the cheapest 9800GTX card costs around £50 more than the averagely priced 512MB 8800GTS, which is a scandal on Nvidia's part. It looks suspiciously as if the company is marketing a slightly updated 512MBGTS GPU as a next generation 9-series GPU in order to fool you into upgrading. If you have a powerful GeForce 8800-series card, stick with it for now; a 9800GTX isn't worth buying.
    Just thought you'd like to read this before jumping into another hole of not-up-to-it hardware. Maybe a good brand 512MB 8800GTS rather than a 9800GTX?

CrazyB

I've allready made my purchase. I'm trying to RMA this card in hopes that its just this one. With all my settings turned to performance, im still only getting 70 FPS average.

Crappy customer support...
    Subject: Bad Performance With 3870 X2
    Date: 2008-05-28 Time: 17:59:14
    Hey there,

I'm having serious issues with my 3870 X2 graphics card. Performance is awfull while playing any 3d game. I understand there might be a fair amount of variance with this specific model however, i cannot contest to driver issues when my $100 2600XT gets better frame rates than my newly purchased $400 graphics card. I feel as if i have had my pockets picked.

Are there any hotfixes, patches, beta drivers, ect, ect. That might increase performance? If no, i'd like to RMA this card for an exchange or refund ASAP!

Thank you,
    Jaims

Subject: RE: Bad Performance With 3870 X2
    Date: 2008-05-29 Time: 15:59:37
    hello, you can try this applications for the fans to see if that helps.

http://www.dmmsupport.com/RivaTuner/...er208Setup.exe

http://www.dmmsupport.com/RivaTuner/...ConfigFile.exe

Instructions:

1) Run “Setup.exe”

2) Then run “ConfigFile.exe”

3) Launch app and tweak your fan speed settings.

4) Done!

Thank you and have a good day.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

any word on how this worked? I'm picking up a pair of these in a trade tonight