Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help TBCS do Something Great!

Default Re: Help TBCS do Something Great!

Some questions need to be addressed here I think:

-If we are to transfer the case from one house to the next (and Paul Capello is on board by the way so maybe he should be last), are we going to pick up the fees personally or shoot for sponsorship?

-I think it would go much better if we have an overall design hashed out before getting this moving, or else it's going to me a quilt of non-meshing ideas splattered all over the case.

-If a person receives the case to add their own touch, should that person clear the modifications with the group before adding them? Or just mod at will?

-How sure are we that we can ACTUALLY get this bad boy to the pres? Can you get some sort of verification from your source, or at least some strong tips?

-The issue of the president having to pay taxes on each gift he/she receives does raise the likelihood of it's denial. Is there a better way to present it such as giving it to "The ___ administration" or presidential campaign office?

-As the mod grows, and more and more is painted on, glued on, bondo'd on, etc..., the work will become more and more fragile. We need to devise a safe method of transport that ensures each new recipient is spending all their time and effort repairing what was broken in the move.

Thoughts?

This project will obviously not appeal to non-US members for a variety of reasons, but you are all more than welcome to participate should you be inclined. We would just need to figure out a feasible method of shipping.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

This is a great and fun idea ! To bad I am not able to add my own touch, but this is a really cool idea !
    Xbox 360 | Canon EOS 400D | Creative I-Trigue 3400

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

OK, we'll hash out the design first. I personally like the Presidential Helicopter look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobindrums/2383734832/

Dark blue, thin white stripes, flag and presidential seal

2,000 posts!!!!!!!!!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Is awesome

Dark blue, I think that would be the way to go for overall paint scheme. I think the main plan should be made before it is sent around to the best modders around here. Maybe someone could make a large, hard plastic case for it to be shipped around in?

Also, Maybe a panel off one of the sides of the case could be shipped around to the trusted members here who don't really mod/don't have the experience for a presidential mod to sign. They could sign on the interior metal, not on the exterior or anything so it doesn't mess up the scheme.
    You love my sig.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

or we could always submit a digital signature (save tons on shipping...) and see if we can get them all printed out on a small plaque or maybe laser etched? seems like a better idea than shipping it everywhere...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Is awesome

That would definitely work, we could all submit a vector illustration of our signature, and have them all laser etched on one of the inner walls of the case. But this is more of a finishing touch, let's get the design laid out first.
    You love my sig.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Here's what I like so far. It's Dark Green, not Blue.

Last edited by TheGreatSatan; 05-25-2008 at 11:51 PM.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Is awesome

Keep it up.
    You love my sig.

ill be willing to help even though i suck at modding

hey i just thought of an idea

what if you did a rough model of something using lego and then u finished it up by bondoing it?
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha

i wound so like to help shame i'm in the uk