Thread: Fallout Terminal

Default Fallout Terminal

Didn't post any of the worklog here, but I built another system in a radiation meter case. The end use will be a thin client box, once I have some time to play with Terminal server. Sticking point right now is audio, can only get it running under Windows 98 and I'd like something a bit more bulletproof. I supposed I could always strip down 98 and have it boot direct to client software, but I should see if I can get XP Embedded running. Hmmm, wonder if I could clone it from a Wyse box since they use the same hardware.....

Anyway, it's using a 300MHz National Semi/AMD/Cyrix Media/Geode GX, 256MB PC133, and a 4GB PNY CF card. Pulls all of 7 watts under load right now. Pretty good for a Windows 98 PC that's equivalent to a 200-233MHz Pentium MMX. Also found out it will go to 512MB of RAM, not that it needs that much.

Pics:

The switch on top is the on/off switch, and the former location of the Zero button is the power input. Using a 5 volt, 2 amp wall wart for power. Video below shows the basics; plug in power, power on, boot, and currently where it crashes when the audio driver loads in windows 2000. That's when I shut it back off. The background noise is a ceiling fan, the only noise this system makes comes from the needle and the onboard speaker.

click for video

Worklog and more pics here

Link To Original Thread
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 05-26-2008 at 07:39 AM.