Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Popping the question

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Default Re: Popping the question

Well you could go the opposite route of everyone else...that is if you want to keep her guessing until the very end.
    Just act depressed and really down whenever she is around. Eventually she probably will want to sit down and talk about you. And when she asks whats wrong you say something to the effect of: I have just been thinking about how I would feel if you werent in my life. How I would feel if you said "no".
    And during that last sentence pull out the ring.
    Good luck man. I hope everything turns out well with you and your GF.

I proposed on January 1, 2000 at 12:00 am. We went to the local public celebration, where there were fireworks, music, and a lot of people. Right at midnight, I got down on 1 knee and asked her to marry me. I knew she would say yes because we had talked about marriage a lot, but I was still nervous.

Good luck!
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Hehe Got you all beat.

A beautiful girl took me out on our first date and popped the question to ME! At dinner. Of course I said yes (had her right where I wanted her). We got married 2 months later.

I'd say it worked out fine; We celebrate 18 years in August. I am more in love with her now than 18 years ago.

I'd say you are in the position to know what would tickle her to the toes more than us. Think of something that means a lot to both of you and work it in to the question...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Air plane banner off of an sr71 blackbird. Nuff Said.

You cant do better then flying the Good Year Blimp with the message will you marry me.

Simplicity perhaps is the strongest manifestation of your wish. A simple picnic somewhere quiet and peaceful. And just after the Champagne and strawberries you get up on one knee and do the do.

One note however. Marriages are likely to succeed in the long term in direct correlated relationship to these factors:

a) the length of time dating before living together
    b) the length of time living together before marrying

As long as you have enough a) and b) behind you I am sure, however the message is delivered, it will go down well.

Best wishes,

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Hehe Got you all beat.

A beautiful girl took me out on our first date and popped the question to ME! At dinner. Of course I said yes (had her right where I wanted her). We got married 2 months later.
    Proposed on your first date, and married 2 months later !?!? Was this a new relationship, or had you been friends for a while?
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    Simplicity perhaps is the strongest manifestation of your wish. A simple picnic somewhere quiet and peaceful. And just after the Champagne and strawberries you get up on one knee and do the do.

Great idea CB! Very romantic and chicks dig that for sure.

One note however. Marriages are likely to succeed in the long term in direct correlated relationship to these factors:

As long as you have enough a) and b) behind you I am sure, however the message is delivered, it will go down well.

Best wishes,

Matthew
    There are always exceptions...

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRacer27 View Post
    Proposed on your first date, and married 2 months later !?!? Was this a new relationship, or had you been friends for a while?
    I had known her for about 6 months before, as she was a friend of a friend and we saw each other a couple of times. She used to slide me beers at the pub she worked at (Murphy's in Long Beach), whenever I would come in. I knew she liked me then... hehe.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Wow Ab, I'm impressed! I love hearing stories like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post

Best wishes,

Matthew
    Take a screen, your post count is 1337