Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585 ... LastLast

Thread: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Default Re: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

first post woo hoo id just like to say hi to everyone and that ive just started my very first scratch build and hope to be starting a work log for it once i get my main computer back up and running however as it stands now im about a 1/4 of the way through finishing up the frame and still need to order the panels... hope you all enjoy my work

Quote Originally Posted by n3cron99 View Post
    Hello all, been wandering around this wonderful site you guys have here. Lots of impressive work going on here.

Been building my own rigs for about 8 years now but have never tackled a custom/modded case. My current comp is just about at its end, so i figure the next one I build should get a custom case. So i plan on doing a one for my current rig for some practice, then doing something a little more complicated when I build my next one.

Well i still got a lot of material to cover before I start asking ?'s so ill be around L8R
    Great, can't wait to see what you have dreamed up.
    Welcome to TBCS. Glad to have you here with us.

Fresh Paint

Default re:introduction

Hi all
    just built my first computer a couple of month ago.have been reading this site since then. Have learned a lot hope to learn alot more.

Always glad to see fresh faces! We're working on adding lots of new content so as to better answer you guys' questions, so stick around!
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Hello all.
    I have been visiting the main site for a while now, seeing the beautiful and innovative mods that you do here. I'm not a total noob to computers, but I'm more of an end user than anything else. And I'd like to change some of that.
    I learn by lurking, so you may not see a lot of posts from me.
    I have a tendency to use the search function on forums before I post anything.
    I look forward to learning a lot more from all of you.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by spamseptictank View Post
    Hello all.
    I have been visiting the main site for a while now, seeing the beautiful and innovative mods that you do here. I'm not a total noob to computers, but I'm more of an end user than anything else. And I'd like to change some of that.
    I learn by lurking, so you may not see a lot of posts from me.
    I have a tendency to use the search function on forums before I post anything.
    I look forward to learning a lot more from all of you.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dave
    Welcome Dave!

Have a look around, we have some very talented people here. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will help out.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Fresh Paint

Hey all,
    I joined the site a while back but never really posted anything because I was busy with studies & job hunting and forgot. Just remembered I had an account here so thought I'd pop back and join the community. (^_^)

I've been building computer systems for about 3 years, mainly for myself and family. Had a few plays around with hacking up a case or two but those never really went anywhere. I'm planning to get a bit more into modding though it may be difficult with a limited workspace... hopefully some people with have suggestions on how to work in semi-small spaces with noise restrictions. =D
    Also need to find some good UK suppliers for parts.

It'll probably be a fair while before I start building a physical case mod, though I've started doing basic designs for my Hiper Osiris case in Google SketchUp.

Andy

welcome andy! as for limited space, I used to use my dremel in the kitchen @ my old apartment and used a garbage can to catch all metal shavings. worked quite well! (the ex wife didnt like it too much, but she tolerated it. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Fresh Paint

I think I'd probably get killed if I start doing work in the kitchen, I think I'd have just enough space in my office room for a small workstation though it might be a little cramped with all my computer bits scattered around.

hello by chance to came here