Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast

Thread: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Fresh Paint

Default Re: New Members Introductory Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markkleb View Post
    welcome PC to TBCS, Good luck on the new comp. I noticed a bit of mis-information on the blenderartists thread you linked to.
    You can very easily build a wooden case without fear od electromagnetic waves running rampant and wrecking nearby devices.
    Here is a link to a nicely done comp inside a wooden desk
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=74847
    cool thanks for the info and the links that is exactly why I wanted to try and find out the info by asking around here. that should significantly reduce the cost of the case since I wouldn't have to buy the extra metals to shield the interiors for this purposes.

I have more questions to ask but I'll post then in the rookie's nook

Hi all I've visited TBCS before to kill some time by gawping at some of the wesome projects that seem to be always on the go here but I've not seen the need to join until now...

About a year ago, just before the release of 'Pirates of the Burning Sea' I came up with a water cooled case mod concept on a theme that would perfectly complement said game. Unfortunately no ssoner had the idea made its way into a basic .bmp file I moved house to start a family and things have kind of spiralled from there (don't even own the game let alone have the mod done!)

Recently though I was inspired anew, most likely by some of the mods here, I recall spending a lot of time ogling te Temple of Nod case! So a month or so down the line I find myself with 90% of the materials I'm going to need, a working mockup of the system it'll be running and several more uber-basic .bmp images and I feel like it's time to dip into the community for some help and advice. This is an absolutely £0 budget scratch-build so I'm doing well to have got this far but I'm convinced I'm going to need a lot more than keen eyes for alvage to get me through the main body of the build itself!

So anyway this is my greetings post (modest aint it!) andnow I'm off to open a mod in progress thread, look for it under 'Swashbuckled' if you want to get involved, help me out or are just curious! Also I apologise in advance for all of the crapp spelling mistakes etc. I'm going to end up posting it's my keyboard's fault!!!

Hello all. I'm brand new to TBCS and the computer building/modding world, and i can't wait to get my hands dirty and create something.
    Carpe Noctem!

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Welcome. It's always good to see more new mods, especially if they get finished.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

hi every one. i stumbled on this site looking for ways to mod a PC. found an awesome PSU mod of a C&C3 GDI power plant. and figured maybe this site would be a great place to launch and get help with some modding.

More More than Human masbuskado's Avatar

Hello guys and now officially a member of TBCS, thanks for the opportunity!!!
    In case you don't know am a case modder so let post some of my work over here...

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Welcome aboard. I'm happy you got your registration email!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Hello, my name is Dagen and i have been in the PC repair and networking business for 15+ years now. I started modding with my first computer when i had to build something to mount my very first computer on. No case, just built brackets out of an old wood desk. I am learning alot from tis site so far and as i start to get some real projects underway ill postthem here.

Fresh Paint

Default LED and wiring help

Hey, everyone. I'm completely new to electronics. I'm electronically/mechanically inclined but have never finished a complete project of my own. I am looking for some guidance because I know what the end result is that I want but have no clue on how to wire the project.

I want to make a glass/canvas project with multiple LEDs behind it to illuminate it. I also want it to be powered by a battery pack. So the easiest way I can describe it is a string of LED Christmas lights powered by batteries. The project will be hung on the wall. That is why I would rather have it powered by batteries with an on/off switch either on the side, bottom or behind it.

I would also like the plug-in version if someone could help me with that.

BTW, I would appreciate LOTS of details. VERY new to electronics world but also VERY excited to learn. I look forward to receiving some help and thank everyone in advance.

Hello. My name is John Hanlon and I come from Colorado and Bit-Tech.net ( jhanlon303). I have done several mods in the past 10 years- 3 of which were nominated for MOTM on BT. I just won MOTM for November and I'm here looking for something for my next mod. I don't know what yet but there is some very nice mods here and some interesting links.
    It is nice to see some old familiar logins here.

john