Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast

Thread: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Fresh Paint

Default Re: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

I'm Kieran, from Australia

I thought it was about time I actually joined this place after lurking here for a few years. and I've been around a bit at Red Raider Tech and The Mod Brothers.
    Hopefully I might get a project going soon depending on funding and free time as I'm currently studying industrial design.

Cheers, Kieran

Fresh Paint

I'm actually surprised I'm a new member here. I was modding back in 2002 and for the next few years I thought I had joined just about every case mod forum in the world. Maybe not.

After a heart attack and the discovery of lung disease in 2005, I was unable to continue doing what I enjoyed so much. I built what I thought was going to be my last system and hung up my Dremel. It was the worst mod I ever did - no paint, no patience. I feel very fortunate that it died before me.

Now I have to build another new system. I'm using a new laptop (HP Pavilion), but I prefer a desktop PC. I have a small apartment now and a smallish desk, so I thought a SFF machine might be just the thing. I can't do much modding to it (nothing that would require a respirator or that creates inordinate amounts of dust, any smoke or fumes), but I think I can do enough to satisfy my longing to mod again.

Most of the forums I was active on in the first half of this decade are either gone (like my own TheMadModder.com) or closer to death than I am (it's okay, I don't mind joking about it - I'm a realist). Some are inappropriate for this project and some I just don't like anymore.

I recognize several names from back in the day, so I have a good feeling about this. I hope you guys can put up with a grumpy old guy - even older now than I was then, but maybe a little less grumpy. I came to mod, with a little help and guidance from you people.

Grump aka Jim McClain

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Wooo hooo!!! Someone older than me!

Seriously, though, welcome to TBCS, glad to have you.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Hey, welcome aboard - older than me too lol - and maybe grumpier??? Not sure about that - I have my moments. Irrespective, welcome aboard - most people who come here tend to stay, hopefully you'll be one of them...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Hello everyone!
    after being lurking this site from some time now, i've decided to register myself, with the hope that this way, some of the questions i have about modding will be answered.
    well...er.... that's it, thanks to all for the great mods hosted here.

Happy mod!!!!!!

Fresh Paint

Hey Everybody!

Although I've been building and toying around with computers for a long time now, I just recently got into case modding. It was mainly out of necessity, as I wanted to do a system build that needed to shoehorn a lot of big components into a reasonably small case. Needless to say, this required some pretty heavy modification to the stock case. At first I was really unhappy about needing to do the mod, but along the way I found out that its really a lot of fun, and allows for a lot more creativity than a standard build. I'll post my first build log soon, just want to put the finishing touches on my first real mod.

Happy modding!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Welcome to all of our new members. Can't wait to see all the new projects!

Hello everyone I am new to the site and I LOVE it. Looks like a lot of very talented people are on here, this is a great place for inspiration. I am new to moding computer cases, but I have been fabricating parts for Paintball guns, nitro/electric RC Trucks, 4wheelers, off-road trucks, and even made a few parts for some choppers. I am very excited to start on one of my million ideas.

William

Fresh Paint

Hey guys this is my first post here, but a long time website browser on these worklogs. My name is Josh I am 20years old. And I have been bulding computer since I was 16 and just started modding about few months ago. I got to school in Chicago and I am studying to be a programmer both for games and simulations.

I have a few worklogs on my main website.

Project Hell: This is my pride that I just finished. Not really a huge mod but its my main computer

link: http://www.theriseoftsm.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4956

Project Aliens: This one was completely customized. My buddy has actually changed the case and got a liquid cooling on Vreg and Chipset.

link: http://www.theriseoftsm.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4531

Welcome guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge