Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast

Thread: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Fresh Paint

Default Re: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Hi, I am Danelle Vivier, and I joined this forum to get more views on my work log. I am already on Bit-Tech, The mod brothers, and Losias.net. I like modding and overclocking, as well as some sport like rugby or athletics.

I live in South Africa. I have been nominated for MOTM september 2010 (in sig). It is my first mod and I am very proud to be nominated.

I am now going to post my half-finished work log in the "in-progress" section.

welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Fresh Paint

Hello everybody, or shall I say everymoddy!

I'm from Madras City, India - home of Ritchie Street - the big electronics market.

I bought my first PC in 2000, a Pentium III 800EB MHz Coppermine with 64MB SDRAM and a 20GB HDD on an SiS 630 chipset based mobo and a 50x CD ROM drive, all in a mini tower case. (The machine is still in use, with different mobo and case).

Tinkering with that PC started some time around 2004 (it was in a mid tower case by then) when I decided to switch the hard drives around to put the OS on the 7200 RPM drive (before that I was too scared to even open the mini tower case to install an additional 128 MB RAM and a new LG GCE-8520B CD RW!). That is when I noticed empty 80mm fan slots and this set off my quest to get the best airflow. One thing led to another and it has been no turning back since then!

I assembled my own machine in 2006 (first build based on a P4 506 2.66Ghz - still running as my main machine!) and have built seven more since then. I've been doing a few simple mods, mostly just switching fans around etc, and recently did some voltmodding to reduce fan noise (first 7v and then switched to 5v to be on the safer side).

My most recent mod was inspired by (infact I replicated..) Spawn-Inc's 12v to 5v on the fly switch. I just finished making one switch last night. It is not perfect yet and am looking to improvise (can't get to solder properly yet, need practise!!). I shall post a detailed report and pictures some time later, maybe when its all done.

I work full time. I get to do mods only during my spare time (wish I had lots of that!!!), and I do modding (very minor tinkering) only once in a few months!

I do not have many 'pro' casemodding tools as of now. Just getting started. I hope to do some decent DIY mods in the future. I've got a long long way to go

welcome!
    ber is id elicous

(funny how I seem to be repeating my posts in here... haha)
    ber is id elicous

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

First off: hello. i am an A+ certified computer tech, and doing my first decent mod. i hope to have pictures up soon. i came to TBCS because of my brother, trace, recommended it. hope to get to know you all!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Any friend ( or brother ) of Trace is an enemy of ours! J/K Welcome to the site man!!!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Also welcome to our new members. For soldering tutorials check out our Micro Central section.

Fresh Paint

Whatsup everyone

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

welcome