Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677273747576777879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Anodized

Default Re: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Hi everyone, I'm Nick, and I'm not an alcoholic.

I currently live in San Diego, and I'm an oil changer/tire boy at an evil auto shop we refer to as "hell" or "this darned place.) (edited for language).

I'm currently studying to get my A+ certification, so I can get out of the auto repair industry.

I found this site on google and have been lurking for awhile. Love the designs... Especially the Ferrari HTPC. That's dope.

Anyways, I got a huge older abit server case that can fit 6 hard drives and 5 5.25 drives, and what seems like 3 power supplies. I call it the monster. I'm wondering about what I can do to it. Reason for joining. I've always wanted to customize a case. I can build computers left and right, and troubleshoot them, but modifying cases is beyond my expertise... Until now.

Great forum guys lookin forward to seein more awesome builds. (like the vodka bottle coolant rez, that was insanely awesome.).

Shut up and take my money!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziesironmanoffroad View Post
    Anyways, I got a huge older abit server case that can fit 6 hard drives and 5 5.25 drives, and what seems like 3 power supplies. I call it the monster. I'm wondering about what I can do to it.
    Easy.
    3 Seperate computer systems, for different purposes (e.g. surfing the web, gaming, and something else you can think of on your own, guest pc maybe?)

Watercool each one with a seperate loop and color scheme, and make switching between them a peace of cake! (e.g. 3 way toggle switch, or something )

And then of course make some cool case design mods, because this threesome pc would be awesome, and must look awesome!

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Aldersan View Post
    Easy.
    3 Seperate computer systems, for different purposes (e.g. surfing the web, gaming, and something else you can think of on your own, guest pc maybe?)

Watercool each one with a seperate loop and color scheme, and make switching between them a peace of cake! (e.g. 3 way toggle switch, or something )

And then of course make some cool case design mods, because this threesome pc would be awesome, and must look awesome!

Good luck!
    Thanks! That is a useless but incredibly attractive idea.. Having 3 computers inside one. Hah. Not gonna spam this thread will start my own. Thanks again!

Shut up and take my money!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziesironmanoffroad View Post
    Thanks! That is a useless but incredibly attractive idea.. Having 3 computers inside one. Hah. Not gonna spam this thread will start my own. Thanks again!
    Lol no prob, let us know if you need any more help for ideas, there's a ton of us running around like mice here, I'm sure together we can come up with a decent idea or two
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

Long time lurked finally decided to join.

Will start up a thread on my htpc/nas when parts come in over the next few weeks.
    When I get around to it I will pull my arcade machine/jukebox out and finish it as well as take pic of my current mild modded case that is going in the arcade machine.
    Need to disemble clean and finish a part of the case mod first.

Although soon will have time as full time work let's up next week for me.

Look forward to being around the forum.

Fresh Paint

hello! My name is Avalon and I have just joined this forum to increase my knowledge in TBCS Community.
    Check the TOS for rules concerning links in signatures...

Hiya. I'm new to casemodding, and found out about this forum recently. I'm really impressed with some fine work done by folks here. I hope that someday I'll be able to do some cool things too.

Fresh Paint

Hi all, I have been awaty for a while but I`m back hoping for more of the great inspiration that is on this site, hope to contribute... lolxxxx

Fresh Paint

New member here!

Hello to everyone from Australia!
    Check the TOS for rules concerning links in signatures...

Fresh Paint

Greetings All,
    Hmmm, built my first comp in 1983 from an 8085. (Yes, I'm an old phart). Learned programming in 1972 on a RCA/UNIVAC Spectra 70. And am now getting into micro-controllers.