Thread: Email notification issues

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Default Email notification issues

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not but anyway...

This isn't a huge issue but every so often i get email notifications about replies in subscribed topics but when i visit the forum and check my posts, the new replies are no where to be found. They don't show up in my user cp, and when i go to the topic they aren't there either. It's like I'm getting random notifications for no reason. It's only happened three or four times so far but i thought i would bring the issue up.

I was just wondering if anybody else has had this issue.

In case you need to know, I browse via Firefox and I use Gmail.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Default Re: Email notification issues

Do you have your account set up to receive email notifications for new posts in subscribed threads deliberately? When did this start happening? One possibility for absent messages is that they were spam posts that have been deleted by the time you checked the thread. But if you don't have your account set to get emails then it sounds like a glitch.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Default Re: Email notification issues

Now that u mention it, i went back and looked at one of the messages. (didn't realize at first that the post was included in the mail) It was a spam message. Sorry for bringing it up. It's only happened a couple of times, but i thought it was strange since I've been around a year or so and it's never happened until recently. Sorry.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.