Thread: Wanna buy new camera, need help

Anodized

Default Wanna buy new camera, need help

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've last posted. Haha, was busy I guess...Anyways, I'm looking to buy a camera for my girl and I have a budget of 200 bux. She was eyeing this one: camera and she was asking me if it was good or not. I'm thinking she might be needing it because she's going to Korea for the summer and she might be planning on snapping some pics and I guess she might use it for other things too. Haha I have no knowledge of cameras but I do know that 10 mp will give great pictures (compared to my cheap 3.2 mp camera). My question is, is this a good model or do you guys/girls know of something better? She was also saying something about buying a camcorder, so it'd be helpful if you guys/girls could help me in figuring out what's a good camcorder(price doesn't matter I think, but I guess the limit should be under 300) or if it'd be better to just buy a camera with a built in video recorder mode.
    Thanks, D.K

Default Re: Wanna buy new camera, need help

i got this camera about 3 weeks ago and love it so far, good battery life, nice pictures, nice close ups, haven't really messed with alot of its features since i don't take alot of pictures but i would recommend it.

Canon PowerShot A720 IS

Edit:
    another thing i should mention now that i finished reading your post is that the camera can record video with sound and can play back with sound as well.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I know it's a little more than you want to spend, but for $279, you can't beat this camera. I have the DSC-H7. Look for a review coming up soon.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

Anodized

Ah, thanks guys. And I'll be sure to keep a eye out sarge. I'm not sure yet, I'll have to ask her. She gets all weird when I buy her things, something about her not wanting me to spend any money at all for her. Haha I guess it's because I'm going to collage soon and I need money.

Edit:
    I forgot to ask, what about the camera my girlfriend I suggested? And still nothing on the camcorder, unless the cameras suggested have good video recording.