Thread: Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700

Fresh Paint

Default Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700

This is the first review I have done. I hope you guys like it.

The Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 is a wireless keyboard & mouse setup that is great in both its usefulness and its appearance. Although it is a little pricey (US $99.95 MSRP), the LX 700 is worth that and more.

Features:

The mouse is cool enough by itself because of all the ways you can use it. At first inspection, you might confuse it with a common scroll-wheel mouse. However, it not only has three extra buttons, but it also has a tilt ability on the mouse's wheel. This is great for speed reading through long paragraphs on the web, because as you can scroll up or down with the normal scroll-wheel mouse, you can scroll side to side with the mouse's tilt wheel.

The three extra buttons are Front & Back buttons (if you don't decide to change them with the included software), and a button that executes Logitech's Application Switch Selector program, which is one step up from the standard Alt + Tab command that we use so often.

The keyboard also has some fantastic features. On the left-hand side, there is a wheel, similar to the mouse's tilt wheel, except you still can't control where the arrow goes without the mouse. There are tons of extra keys, and the LX 700 even takes advantage of the space of common function keys (the keys along the top labeled F1 - F12) by switching the F Mode on and off.

Pros:

Ok, in case you haven't figured it out yet, wireless is taking over, because it is actually cool. Besides the fact that the LX 700 is a wireless setup, it is able to compete with (and totally win over) the other wireless sets. With all the extra keys/buttons they added, they make using the computer a lot easier and a lot more fun. The style of the setup also gives it a lot of cool points, just because we all want to show off our computers.

Cons:

The list of negatives is small, but still here. The biggest problem I see is that when you put the mouse on the cradle/charger that comes with it, it has to set just right or it won't charge. The second problem I can see is that you get 95% of the mouse on the keyboard, but they could have added a Track Point to make it complete (if you don't remember, the Track Point was the little red dot on most of IBM's old laptops, and in my opinion, worked a lot better than the Touch Pads do).

The Breakdown:

All in all, the LX 700 is cool. I'm going to give it 8 out of 10, mainly because the cradle/charger touchiness really does bother me. It is still worth buying, but hopefully they will make the metal contacts on the mouse bigger with the next set.
    System:
    CPU:AMD FX-55
    VID:2xAsus EN6800
    RAM:2GB Kingston Hyper-X
    MB:Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    SOUND:Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Plat Pro

Fresh Paint

personally, i dont think wireless is good, its always skipping and for all u gamers, its horrable. dont buy this if you r a hardcore gamer

Fresh Paint

I haven't had any problems with LAG on this setup. You do need to make sure the mouse cradle/sensor is close to your keyboard and mouse, tho.
    System:

Water Cooled

Quote Originally Posted by _drunk_
    I haven't had any problems with LAG on this setup. You do need to make sure the mouse cradle/sensor is close to your keyboard and mouse, tho.
    if the sensor with the cord has to be close to the keyboard, what is the point of even making it cordless? with a mouse it is ok because it is moving all the time and it is somewhat easier, but the keyboard stays within 2 inches(at leas for me). maybe someone has a good explanation

Fresh Paint

When I said close I misspoke. I meant like within a foot, and with a pretty good line of sight.
    System:

Water Cooled

a foot with a good sight is pretty close for me. and you would still need to get the sensor with the wire on the desk so it is not really cordless. my logitech mediaplay mouse (that i dont use currently) has a mini usb reciever that goes right into the usb port, without any wires, plus it has a desktop stand, an extension if I wanted to put it on the desk. now that is wireless.

Fresh Paint

Yea, it's not the best anymore (I have seen some cool bluetooth ones since I originally wrote this). I think if you did it right you could mod the wires away so the cradle was built into the case. Then you could just set the mouse on the case somewhere. I do like the idea of having a place to recharge the wireless mouse, tho.
    System:

Water Cooled

yeah the charger is different. i have the mx1000 and the charger is on my desk. and i wasnt talking about wireless mice, they move a lot and the wires just distract me. but a wireless keyboard is really pointless with a reciever that has the same wire. You have it in a combo, and the sensor unit also charges the mouse, so I guess it is fine, I was talking about wireless ketboards in general.

Overclocked

until they develop a 6-week rechargeable power cell, and wide angle transceivers for the cradle, keyboard and mouse.
    -=-=-=-=-
    When computers collide, Bob is born
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.