Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Paperazzi

Default Re: Project: Paperazzi

Sigh... 5.5 hours till home n mod time. Can't wait to get the other half done.

dud this mod has totaly inspired me, its amasing what you can do with paper, thats nothing i thought that could ever be donw with it!

keep up the good work

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Back with a few new n old stuffs. Touched all 3 remaining panels and basically almost done molding with the front and top panel.

Top Panel Part 6

Was molding it off and on cos "fingers wasn't feeling right". And then I thought I finished the other half but basically its very uneven compared to the first half.

So, had to pull some chipsmore biscuit advertisement on the top panel. Now you see, now you don't. RIPPPPPP. And spent my whole offday afternoon slowly re-doing the second half of the top panel. The front part is slightly thicker than the other side, but I'm leaving gaps between the two so its easier to work forward to the tip of the panel.

Can't really hold the front panel too straight and the floor is so packed so this is the only pic I have for it now. Will take another prior to spray painting. Too damn blurry. Added some random surface to the center of the panel.

Right Panel Part 1

I found a chunk of exhausted kryptonite. Really. Lol its just those aquarium deco thats sold in packs and costs about RM4.50 only for like 30 of them in a pack (USD 1.50 / Euro 0.80 approximately). I found a part of a mini UFO that crashed into my room. Really, again. Well, part of a Crittertrail hamster cage that is. The cage was STOLEN while I was DRYING it outside. I can't imagine a living person, who would steal a hamster cage. So I took half of the running ball.

Looks ok, but since I don't need green on the case imma spray it black too. Firstly do a layer of mold around the.. uh... um.... lets call it a bowl. Then I rip the thing out, put some of those black stones inside the circle. Close it back to see how it looks like.

I took out the bowl so I'll have the base hardened and I can slip the bowl in. Reason: I want to spray the inner circle first before proceeding molding the outside to ensure there's no white thing left and visible due to uneven spray with the bowl on. Thats all for now. I'm getting my own internet in a few days' time so should have another post in a week's time. Out.

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

wow thats gunna look cool

stole a hampster cage.... wtf what a homo lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I still can't believe this was all done with paper mache. How much do you think it will weigh in total.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

The paper doesnt contribute much but I'll get a weight and put the case on (with the h/w inside) just to see the total weight lol. You better start believing n pinch yourself everytime i update the thread haha

Yea I will have to. Are you going to coat the finished work in a hard coating? My work with paper mache when I was younger found it a bit fragile.

Paper alone it might not stand even a mid-strength knock with the knuckles. So I sorta do my own recipe on it

1. Usual process: layer > dry > mold > refine with pulp > dry

2. Glue layer: gripping glue fully covering the whole panel till its shiny or specks of shine. I saw 2 types of glue, 1 is called bonding glue. I thought I need to hold a big piece of crumbles together so I went for gripping. Not sure what bonding one does. *shrug*

3. Paint layer: this i think it should be "clear > color > clear", i think. The first panel is holding on fine and took a few knocks and the two-finger hook up.

Not really bothered by how-to for this mod anymore cos the remaining parts are basically in my head, just the paint job n mounting the intake fan to teh 3 empty 5.25 bay. More of rolling around in bed for 3-4 hours figuring the next mod paper too.

Cool. I was gonna recommend perhaps coating the paper is resin but your method sound strong enough anyway.

Resin.. hmm.. nice idea, will try that out on the next mod. Thanks for the idea mate.

Be free tmrw but need to linger around for the phone guy to come and install my line. Tis my last day helping out at the shop so I probably got more time to do the spray job after Sunday. I'll need to recharge my digicam's batts, had been taking photos using my 6500 slider since the beginning of the mod and photos are getting worst.