Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Dang Tornado!

Default Hot Dang Tornado!

Just had a tornado in the area.

Power just now got back on!

Post your crazy weather experiences here! Cmon, I know theres gotta be some crazy ones!

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Hot Dang Tornado!

I grew up in north central Oklahoma in the States, and we had our share of tornadoes. They fascinated me and a couple of my less wisdom-impaired friends. We chased several of them over the years just to get a better look. Got close enough to what turned out to be an F4 that we had to crane our heads damn near straight up to see the top of it. Pure awesome.

Then there was the ice storm we had in January of last year, 330,000 people without power in this state alone. I started my vacation the day it hit, got to come home at 6 am to a huge tree limb laying on top of my truck. We were without power for 10 days, and I knew lots of people without for two weeks or more. Driving around town at night with no power, trees and power lines in the road, it was surreal, looked like the end of civilization.
    ________
    Toyota crown comfort
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

same with blue, ive lived in oklahoma my entire life... its always crazy weather

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Just got done with another tornado today AGAIN

Woo dang.

I'm having fun!! wish i had a camera!

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

10 years ago a funnel cloud passed right over top of my house; it touched down in the town just next to me.

There was so much hail you can shovel it into a wheelbarrow and eat them like a large bowl of dippin' dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    There was so much hail you can shovel it into a wheelbarrow and eat them like a large bowl of dippin' dots.
    You've got me thinking....

If the chinese are doing there weather manipulation correctly....couldnt it be possible?

I'm sorry folks...I'll stop posting today. I'm in a silly mood.

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

Wow we dug out the all the Oklahomans in this thread. That ice storm was un-believeable, we were lucky and got power back in about 10 hours but our car was encased in ice for 2 days. (our parking lot flooded)

I was outside walking the dog a few weeks ago when the sirens went off. I looked up and there was a funnel cloud rotating directly above me. It didn't touch down and disapated until it was out of the city, but not a fun place to see one.

Haven't had one touch down for 23 years here.. although we've had warnings.

Look at this website. Pay close attention to the roller rink photos. I was supposed to be there that night.

I have lived in Tulsa all my life, and I have to say we are pretty used to them.

"Tulsa-area historical tornado activity is near Oklahoma state average. It is 227% greater than the overall U.S. average." via http://www.city-data.com/city/Tulsa-Oklahoma.html

Back in 75 we had one come within 3 blocks of our house. It happened to follow one of the main streets, so alot of the damage was commercial rather then residential. It was amazing how it totally destroyed one building, skip a few, cross the street and take out another building, while leaving those in between untouched. I was very young, and I do remember that night in the basement, you could feel the ground rumble. But that one didn't have the impact on me that May 3, 1999 did. There are plenty of videos on YouTube if you are interested in seeing, but I just happen to be on the road that day. Luckily I was ahead of the storm, but I had stopped at a Truckstop to grab a snack, and headed out. Not more then 20 minutes later I heard on the radio as I was pulling into my driveway, the Truckstop was completely destroyed, killing 4 inside. It was an F-5 Tornado with windspeeds that reached 318MPH. They had talked about upgrading it to be the first F-6. I believe 46 people were killed in total and more then 700 were injured. The tornado traveled more the 100 miles on the ground.

Less then a month ago this tornado...

Passed through the small town of Pitcher, OK.. 6 were killed, and the town was pretty much wiped off the map.

I still find them really cool, have seen/chased a few, but I still get a little knot in my stomach when one is on the ground. Beautiful deadly force of mother nature.

EDIT: Its about Midnight here and they just declared a Tornado Warning for my direct area.
    Last edited by OvRiDe; 06-06-2008 at 12:55 AM.

Wow! Scary stuff. Someone remind me of this thread next February when I'm complaining about it being -45 (or worse ).
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.