Thread: Power Placement

Default Power Placement

Hey guys

I'm in the planning stages for a new project and the design will call for certain parameters to be met in the size department.

Because of these size restraints, the power supply for the computer will most likely have to move. Moving the power supply creates the obvious problem of what to do with the external power cable. Having the "plug in" for the case in the front while the rest of the system cables are out the back simply isn't rational.

I've seen the placement of some power supplies in newer Lian Li cases toward the front of the machine while still keeping the power cable at the back.

For instance:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112129

Now this power supply placement would likely be ideal for my design, but i cannot for the life of me find that pass-thru power cable so I would be able to keep all of the cables in the back of the machine.

Anyone know how or where to get one of these cables without buying the case?

Default Re: Power Placement

Mouser sells Universal jumper cables

but I think your cable is a 2 part arrangement.

On the right side, I see heat shrink and wires. Not sure if you could buy this already made but you can make it pretty easy.

The cord part looks like this

and the inlet/receptacle looks like this

5$ + shipping for both

Double check the notes on the datasheet and product specs.

Custom Title Honors

Why not make one? Have a power supply that is to small for anything or just doesn't work and an extra power cable.. I was going to make one for my 2 in 1 pc.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Why not make one? Have a power supply that is to small for anything or just doesn't work and an extra power cable.. I was going to make one for my 2 in 1 pc.
    Ah HAH! Of course! Mental block on that one. I've probably got a dozen or so PSU's sitting around that are too small or flat out don't work.

I'll keep the other stuff in mind too Mach, but if I can make something I own already work well.... thats probably the way to go.

Thanks guys!

You could do something like this.